ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

upcoming free agents who stays who goes?

papasmurfbell

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 hours ago, oldno82 said:

I'd take a #1 for him, albeit reluctantly. I wanted him to stay here and bookend Stanley, but he wants to go. If they get a #1 for him, it would be worth it.

Anybody know what weak teams are desperate for a stud LT who's young?

The Chiefs are desperate.

1 hour ago, GrubberRaven said:

I'm still frustrated we gave Stanley a huge pay day.  Has the guy ever played a full season?  

Me too.

I understand why they did it. They thought, and rightly so, that with him they had a playoff contending team and line. 

I really want Brown. He's a Raven. A first round pick would soften the blow.

They might have been betting, for lack of a better word, that Brown would want to stay at right tackle. The question becomes; if Stanley never got hurt, thus Brown not being able to play left tackle, would he, Brown, then be wanting left tackle money?

With Brown and Stanley at tackles, Phillips and Bozeman at guards and maybe Castillo at center, that would have been or could have been a formidable offensive line.

Sadly now, they likely have to find a new right tackle.

Brown is good, no doubt about it. And he plays like a Raven. But you can't expect him to take RT money when he can play LT so well. If we can get a #1, it shouldn't be too difficult to find a ready-to-start RT at first round in the draft.

Beats nothing in a year any way.

• 3 weeks later...