ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

coming to the end what the experts say

papasmurfbell

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/news/2021-nfl-mock-draft-bears-trade-up-to-capitalize-on-justin-fields-fall-patriots-move-up-for-quarterback/

Jonathan Jones

MIAMI (FL) • JR • 6'5" / 266 LBS
PROJECTED TEAM
Baltimore
PROSPECT RNK
22nd
POSITION RNK
3rd

If Cleveland hadn't signed Jadeveon Clowney, this guy was going to them. Phillips' history with concussions is the cause for his fall in this mock. And the player I think could be the best edge rusher in the class goes to a team in need of his services.

Then we trade 31 to the raiders.

Pete Prisco

TCU • JR • 6'2" / 208 LBS
PROJECTED TEAM
Baltimore
PROSPECT RNK
17th
POSITION RNK
1st

Their safeties are solid, but they need a ball hawk back there. Eric DeCosta loves to draft good players, regardless of position, and Moehrig is the best safety in this class.

FLORIDA • SR • 6'0" / 193 LBS
PROJECTED TEAM
Baltimore
PROSPECT RNK
24th
POSITION RNK
5th

They could be tempted to go edge here, but I didn't like the guys left on the board. So I went with a speed receiver to help the passing game and Lamar Jackson.

Ryan Wilson

GEORGIA • SOPH • 6'3" / 240 LBS
PROJECTED TEAM
Baltimore
PROSPECT RNK
18th
POSITION RNK
2nd

The Ravens could go with a safety, wideout or offensive lineman here, but their biggest need remains at pass rusher, especially after losing Matt Judon and Yannick Ngakoue.

LSU • JR • 6'4" / 200 LBS
PROJECTED TEAM
Baltimore
PROSPECT RNK
37th
POSITION RNK
7th

The Ravens could package their two first-round picks to move up for one of the Big 3 wide receivers. Either way, they need to find a reliable deep threat and Marshall is just scratching the surface on his abilities.

94. Ravens: Stone Forsythe, OT, Florida
104. Ravens: Milton Williams, DL, Louisiana Tech (comp pick)

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nfl/news/nfl-mock-draft-2021-3-rounds-49ers-lions/ubtv9po29mdh1ecpjctlsjdra

VINNIE IYER

27. Baltimore Ravens (11-5)

• Gregory Rousseau, EDGE, Miami (6-6, 260 pounds)

The Ravens should have their eyes on the two Hurricanes Phillips and Rousseau most in the first round because their pass-rushing styles best fit their scheme. Rousseau has been working to hone his craft for the pro level with none other than current Baltimore edge force Calais Campbell, who also played at Miami.

31. Baltimore Ravens (from Chiefs)

• Jalen Mayfield, OT, Michigan (6-5, 319 pounds)

The Ravens now could address a potential starting right tackle after dealing Orlando Brown Jr. to the Chiefs. They can use the acquired first-rounder to land Mayfield as a solid option opposite Ronnie Stanley

94. Baltimore Ravens (from Chiefs)

• Osa Odighizuwa, DT, UCLA (6-2, 280 pounds) 

The Ravens' pass-rush rebuild continues on the inside with this high-effort rotational option behind Campbell. His quickness is a good addition to supplement the second level with Rousseau in the mix, too.

104. Baltimore Ravens (compensatory)

• Walker Little, OT, Stanford (6-7, 313 pounds)

The Ravens need stronger outside depth behind Stanely and now Mayfield and Little's size is ideal for that developmental swing role.

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nfl/news/nfl-mock-drafts-2021-mel-kiper-todd-mcshay-peter-king/eu1apxzwkwhn1dzstrerfakdz

Mel Kiper

27 Baltimore Ravens Terrace Marshall Jr. WR LSU

McShay

27 Baltimore Ravens Terrace Marshall Jr. WR LSU

Daniel Jeremiah

27 Baltimore Ravens Jayson Oweh EDGE Penn State

Peter King

22 Baltimore Ravens (from TEN) Kwity Paye EDGE Michigan
31 Baltimore Ravens (from Chiefs) Landon Dickerson OL Alabama

https://www.si.com/nfl/2021/04/27/nfl-mock-draft-san-francisco-49ers-mac-jones-bengals-jamarr-chase

Albert Breer

27. Baltimore Ravens: Kadarius Toney, WR, Florida

Toney’s one of those it-depends-on-who-you-talk-to players—but the Ravens do need some receiver help. And Toney’s ability to play all over the formation, and make plays with the ball in his hands, makes him a good fit for a team with so much creativity baked into its scheme. (Toney's medicals aren't perfect—there's a bit of a knee issue there—so I think Minnesota's Rashod Bateman could be in play here too.)

31. Baltimore Ravens (via Chiefs): Christian Barmore, DT, Alabama

There are a lot of off-field questions with Barmore. And it’s not like Sewell or Parsons, where it’s a young guy who needs to mature a little; or like Phillips, where you’ve got a really good-hearted kid with some demons. There’s been more digging for teams to do here. If the Ravens pass on him twice, given the franchise’s connections in Tuscaloosa, the league will pay attention. If they take him? There’s a good shot, in that environment, he could wind up being a very real steal.

https://walterfootball.com/draft2021_1.php

Baltimore Ravens: Jayson Oweh, DE/OLB, Penn State 
The Ravens lost both Yannick Ngakoue and Matthew Judon this offseason, so I imagine they'll be considering a pass rusher in the first couple of rounds.

Jayson Oweh has potential, but didn't do all that much in 2020. He needs to become stronger for the pros.

*** OTHER 2021 NFL DRAFT POSSIBILITIES: ***

1. Teven Jenkins/Jackson Carman, OT - The Ravens could take one of the first-round tackles if one falls to them, given that Orlando Brown might be traded.

2. Jaelan Phillips, DE/OLB - The other pass-rushing option makes sense for the Ravens as well.

Baltimore Ravens: Jackson Carman, G/OT, Clemson 
The Ravens shipped Orlando Brown to the Chiefs - go here for the NFL Trade Grades page - so they may use this pick to replace him. They could sign a tackle, but they also need a new guard to replace Marshal Yanda.

Jackson Carman has some great athletic ability for a 340-pound lineman. Some believe he's a left tackle in the pros. He comes with some character issues, however.

*** OTHER 2021 NFL DRAFT POSSIBILITIES: ***

1. Creed Humphrey/Landon Dickerson, Cs - The Chiefs could address the center position as well.

2. Kadarius Toney/Terrace Marshall, WRs - The Ravens could use one of their picks on a receiver.

Baltimore Ravens: Pete Werner, LB, Ohio State 
The Ravens were weak at linebacker last year, so they may add someone to go along with Patrick Queen.

Pete Werner is a stout run defender who had a strong finish to his 2020 campaign.

Baltimore Ravens: Marques Stevenson, WR, Houston 
The Ravens have an obvious need at receiver, which could be addressed in the first round.

Marques Stevenson has incredible speed.

Baltimore Ravens: Alaric Jackson, OT, Iowa 
The Ravens are expected to sign a veteran to replace Orlando Brown. That said, I'm sure they'll be looking for a long-term answer at the position.

Baltimore Ravens: Jhamon Ausbon, WR, Texas A&M 
John Harbaugh stated that he wants to add multiple receivers in the 2021 NFL Draft.

Baltimore Ravens: Royce Newman, G, Ole Miss 
Not only must the Ravens replace Orlando Brown; they also have to find someone to fill Marshal Yanda's shoes.

Royce Neman played tackle at Ole Miss, but will have to move to guard in the NFL.

Baltimore Ravens: Neil Farrell, NT, LSU 
The Ravens could stand to add some depth on their defensive line, given some of the aging players there.

Baltimore Ravens: Jermar Jefferson, RB, Oregon State 
The Ravens lost Mark Ingram, so they'll bring in another running back at some point.

https://www.nbcsports.com/bayarea/49ers/2021-nfl-mock-draft-90-first-round-picks-after-49ers-big-trade

DALTON JOHNSON & JOSH SCHROCK

27. Baltimore Ravens: Rashod Bateman, WR, Minnesota

The Ravens really need to get Lamar Jackson more weapons in the passing game.

Bateman is a great route-runner with good ball skills and an ability to win at the catch point on deep balls. --JS

31. Baltimore Ravens (via Kansas City Chiefs): Landon Dickerson, IOL, Alabama

The Ravens got Lamar Jackson a weapon with their first first-round pick, now it's time to bolster the line in front of him.

Baltimore added Kevin Zeitler and is expected to sign tackle Alejandro Villanueva, but the Ravens still need help on the interior. Dickerson is a versatile prospect who can play guard or center. While he has had some injury issues, he's a solid blocker who knows how to use his frame and strength to win at the point of attack. --JS

https://www.profootballnetwork.com/2021-1-round-nfl-mock-draft-pfn-mock-draft-simulator-v-12-0/

11. Baltimore Ravens (via NYG): Jaylen Waddle, WR, Alabama

Less than a week away from the 2021 NFL Draft, the Baltimore Ravens made a move that sent offensive tackle Orlando Brown to the Kansas City Chiefs, acquiring an additional first-round pick in the process. They use that (No. 31 overall) and their original selection (No. 27 overall) to trade up with the New York Giants for Alabama’s Jaylen Waddle. Lamar Jackson will be pleased, and opposing defenses will now have to figure out how to deal with all the speed on Baltimore’s offense.

https://www.nfl.com/news/bucky-brooks-2021-nfl-mock-draft-3-0-49ers-pick-trey-lance-najee-harris-to-cardi

Bucky Brooks

Baltimore Ravens

Georgia · Edge

Replacing Matt Judon with an explosive pass rusher possessing A+ athleticism tops GM Eric DeCosta’s to-do list.

Baltimore Ravens

Oklahoma State · OT

The recent trade of Orlando Browns makes offensive tackle a top priority for the Ravens. Jenkins is an athletic big body with the length to stymie pass rushers off the edge. 

All these mock drafts are fun but nearly all turn out wrong. The Ravens will take the best player available unless there's a need 'best' within 2-3 spots. Who it will be at this point is anybody's guess and I yield to Decosta and crew who have access to much more data than me. As usual though, whatever the Ravens do should be entertaining whether they move up or back or neither with either first round pick.

Thanks for putting all this up. I can use it for reference information for the next 2 days. This should get me up to speed.

Like you said oldno...From what I've heard from Ozzie and DeCosta they go for need if it's a big need and within 1-2 spots of their board. Generally in the first round players fall to them. Guys who they ranked higher.

I'm excited. We get 3 days of "football" I can drop out of this insane world for a few hours.

45 minutes ago, vmax said:

Zach Wilson. How do you think he'll do? Average...mediocre??? Franchise worthy???

My understanding is he is Mahaomes Rodgers like in ability.  But he played in a lesser conf.  So time will tell.

34 minutes ago, vmax said:

Trey Lance...318 passes in collage. Total. And He's the 3rd pick. 🙄 :nono:

They say the highest upside of anyone in the draft.

33 minutes ago, tsylvester said:

I think he aill do great, better than Lance, Riddick is a buffoon, has to qualify everything with; if he gets the right coaching....

It always depends on coaching.  I do not believe many of these kids wash out bc of their lack of ability.  So often I see coaches trying to make guys in an image they want.  If they simply dont have the ability to do what you ask stop trying to make a square peg round.

32 minutes ago, tsylvester said:

Can't believe the Niners moved up for Lance over Fields!

I dont trust OSU QBs.  

26 minutes ago, tsylvester said:

Nice pick by Bengals; Burrows' fav target

I thought they were going Sewell.  If Burrows lives on his back I dont care who the weapons are.  The team got him hurt last yr and it didnt have to happen.