ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Ravens Day 1 Round 1

vmax

55 minutes ago, tsylvester said:

Ow, ooch, stubbed my toe... Bateman, lots of Potential there but he gets nocked off of his routes, redirected pretty easily. Yes he has a second gear, but like a semi, it takes him a while to get into it... Decent pick if the Ravens can do the impossible and finnally develope a wide receiver..

Oweh, sure he has speed, but doesn't or hasn't shown instincts, rather waits to react and let his speed take him to the ball. He peeks into the backfield too long when trying to set the edge, in college his speed allowed him to hold the edge, that won't work in the pros.

Now the Ravens are known for developing defensive linemen, he needs a lot of work. Really did not like this pick.

I think Bateman will be a true #1 WR if Lamar can get the ball to him. he had Covid and asthma last year.  I watched him in 2019 and 2020 and he's a ball hawk. i wanted him then. He has great hands and that means so much. So much. All of us know what drops look like. https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR1WbCIkcPiA3L_66BqqIFgQ-EuMmSnNwYLVEfmCGFf61-7x8BQ&s

Oweh???? I didn't want him before the draft. Like I said earlier "They already have fast guys who can't get to the QB." However, with the quick release times of many QB's, sacks don't matter as much as pressure and raising havoc in the backfield and holding the edge. He can do that right now.  I'm warming up to him. I'm trusting Eric and the coaching staff.

The Ravens got better. Now to Day 2 and O line help. 

:fishin: 😂

Grubber...I hear you and we can only hope. Let's hope these coaches, and Greg, finally get it together.............

Baltimore has invested plenty of assets into their passing offense this offseason, drafting Bateman, signing Sammy Watkins, and even adding a few new coaches to help in Tee Martin and Keith Williams. Jackson, Brown and Humphrey are among many who are excited for Bateman’s arrival, and he should make the Ravens better and more dynamic on offense....Lamar Jackson, Marquise Brown, Marlon Humphrey react to Rashod Bateman pick (msn.com)

1 hour ago, vmax said:

I think Bateman will be a true #1 WR if Lamar can get the ball to him. he had Covid and asthma last year.  I watched him in 2019 and 2020 and he's a ball hawk. i wanted him then. He has great hands and that means so much. So much. All of us know what drops look like. https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR1WbCIkcPiA3L_66BqqIFgQ-EuMmSnNwYLVEfmCGFf61-7x8BQ&s

Oweh???? I didn't want him before the draft. Like I said earlier "They already have fast guys who can't get to the QB." However, with the quick release times of many QB's, sacks don't matter as much as pressure and raising havoc in the backfield and holding the edge. He can do that right now.  I'm warming up to him. I'm trusting Eric and the coaching staff.

The Ravens got better. Now to Day 2 and O line help. 

Yeah, we all see great college receivers come here and flop. I've watched him in most of his games, sometimes he disappears, can't get ofd press coverage, sometimes it was just his average qb not able to get him the ball timely, or his route pressure caused him to be late to the mesh point.

Just call me skeptical based on the history of this team and how they develop or should I say, haven't developed wide outs, OR, have drafted wide outs who just can't play in the NFL.

They had to pick him, value there, BPA based on need, you don't stop drafting them because your are bad at it, heck, the Browns finally got. Qb after how many.misses? We are bound to draft a top wr eventually, right?

8 minutes ago, tsylvester said:

They had to pick him, value there, BPA based on need, you don't stop drafting them because your are bad at it, heck, the Browns finally got. Qb after how many.misses? We are bound to draft a top wr eventually, right?

Yes. The question is: Will it be in our lifetime?

1 hour ago, tsylvester said:

Yeah, we all see great college receivers come here and flop. I've watched him in most of his games, sometimes he disappears, can't get ofd press coverage, sometimes it was just his average qb not able to get him the ball timely, or his route pressure caused him to be late to the mesh point.

Just call me skeptical based on the history of this team and how they develop or should I say, haven't developed wide outs, OR, have drafted wide outs who just can't play in the NFL.

I watched him v mich last night.  In the first half it was like he wasn't there. But I also noticed most of the rest of that off we blows.  The line is garbage and the qb sucks.  So if the ball isn't thrown to him what can he do?  Had he landed at lsu or something his numbers could have been ridiculous.  

That said it is the coaching staffs job to knock the rough edges off now.