ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Should the Ravens sign Lamar this Off Season?

vmax

Preston writes a good one here with the pro's and con's....

What’s important now is that the Ravens have to make the best decision for the team, and that’s to shut the window on these negotiations.

Mike Preston: Why the Ravens should hold off giving QB Lamar Jackson a long-term contract | COMMENTARY - Baltimore Sun

Wow! I wasn't expecting an article like that! I think Papa is really Mike Preston!!

I still think they should table negotiations with Lamar until mid-season next year because we just don't know what we're getting. Give him 8 or 9 games and see if he has adjusted his playing ability to what defenses are throwing at him. If he does, then give him a big contract but if he doesn't, time to find another answer at qb.

Lamar has in the past made some plays I didn't think were humanly possible, but defenses have made adjustments and now he must too. I appreciate what he's done for the franchise but now we're a losing team.

47 minutes ago, oldno82 said:

Wow! I wasn't expecting an article like that! I think Papa is really Mike Preston!!

I still think they should table negotiations with Lamar until mid-season next year because we just don't know what we're getting. Give him 8 or 9 games and see if he has adjusted his playing ability to what defenses are throwing at him. If he does, then give him a big contract but if he doesn't, time to find another answer at qb.

Lamar has in the past made some plays I didn't think were humanly possible, but defenses have made adjustments and now he must too. I appreciate what he's done for the franchise but now we're a losing team.

Yahoo had the article.  I am not paying the sun.  I am more strident than Preston.  I will never say offer him that big deal bc he has created to many red flags.  I am fine with trading him now and Mike has not gone close to that point.