ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

18 games out, 16 under .500

vmax

They're a disaster...

In the four-game series, Oriole starters pitched to a 15.88 ERA, allowing 20 earned runs on 27 hits, including six homers, and 10 walks while striking out three in only 11 1/3 innings. Over the last 16 games, Orioles starters have a 9.56 ERA, and only two of them have gone six innings or more.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/orioles/bs-sp-orioles-red-sox-0711-20110710,0,3950470.story

I will never listen to the pre season talk radio hype again. I thought they had a shot at .500. I thought there would be improvement in the product.

This organization makes "All The Wrong Moves".

Its disgusting. I still look at the roster and see what I think is improvement, its just not living up to it. Same old same old.

I am tired of it all. Tired of the ineptness. Tired of the payroll structure in the league.

Some of it is just something "inside..."

When you look at the numbers put up by our players, they should be better than they are. But only the O's could have three players get 4 hits in one game (against the Nats a few weeks back) and not have a single one of those players get an RBI. And two of them didn't have a run either. You have to wonder how that's possible.

You have to wonder how it's possible to get 18 hits and score just 4 runs. Or 10 hits and 1 run. We see it all the time.

Meanwhile, our pitchers are experts at giving up runs with exceptional efficiency. And getting outs with exceptional inefficiency.

I personally still see some hope for a turnaround a bit this season... Reynolds and Markakis are blazing hot. Jones and Hardy and still solid. Wieters and Lee are on the verge, it seems. Perhaps Roberts could be a late season spark if he ever plays...

Regardless... I agree on all fronts that it's disgusting.

They're a disaster...

I will never listen to the pre season talk radio hype again. I thought they had a shot at .500. I thought there would be improvement in the product.

This organization makes "All The Wrong Moves".

Max,

There's still hope - The Ravens who generally make the Right Moves. It all starts at the top - The Biscuit & Ozzie get it; while Angelos and McPhly.......well....... ? Like I said it sarts at the top ! :gorave:

I said no more that 75 wins. Again wasting money on elderly FA's.

Now here is a question. How long will Buck deal with this crap? Will he quit when he sees that his efforts are futile.

Which would be impressive if you didnt just consistently predict negative things about the Orioles and ignore the majority of predictions you make that are wrong.

Buck will most likely be here until he is fired, like the majority of all managers.

I do not think they will reach 75 wins, but if the did it would hard not to consider this season a success IMO.

Actually, the talk is that at season's end, MacPhail is likely going to leave - or announce a plan to leave in a season or two. Buck, meanwhile, has apparently become PA's new best buddy and right-hand man, and has always expressed interest in running a club from a front office.

So the likely plan is that Buck moves up in the organization to become the GM and that Andy moves out. That may be this season or may be a season away. Honestly, I would love Buck in that role, but would love him more if he won as a manager now (or sooner).

Actually, the talk is that at season's end, MacPhail is likely going to leave - or announce a plan to leave in a season or two. Buck, meanwhile, has apparently become PA's new best buddy and right-hand man, and has always expressed interest in running a club from a front office.

So the likely plan is that Buck moves up in the organization to become the GM and that Andy moves out. That may be this season or may be a season away. Honestly, I would love Buck in that role, but would love him more if he won as a manager now (or sooner).

I want to see Buck stay in the managers role, his track record says he needs 2 years, so technically this is his first full season. Putting Buck in the GM's role after this season would put this club back to square 1, manager wise.

And who out there really wants to coach under this ownership?