ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

How?

oldno82

Very worried about the center position...not so worried about RT.

Here's one move Ozzie totally blew: He should have bit the bullitt, taken the cap hit and let Foxworth go and signed Wilson.

Foxworth is done from what I hear...at least for a good while. They still might cut him.

Very worried about the center position...not so worried about RT.

Here's one move Ozzie totally blew: He should have bit the bullitt, taken the cap hit and let Foxworth go and signed Wilson.

Foxworth is done from what I hear...at least for a good while. They still might cut him.

I know we're low on cap space but I would have liked for us to keep Wilson. And what is taking sooooo long about wrapping up a deal with Ngata so we could have more room? The Steelers moved on Woodley, what's holding us up? It kind of looks like after cutting Heap and Mason, the Ravens, uncharacteristically, didn't have a plan even with all of the dead lockout time.

By the time the deal gets done with Ngata, there won't have anybody decent left to spend the freed up cap money on. :scared:

Guest BallTMore

Wouldn't surprise me. He looked like an old man today. He can't jog off to the sideline without shuffling his feet. His knee may be toast.

On Foxworth there maybe another issue in play. With the old CBA you cannot cut an injured player. That may still be in effect. If so they would have had to reach an injury settlement. That would be a two way street. Maybe Fox didn't want too. All speculation on my part. I don't even know what the rule is now.

Guest BallTMore

Well the good news is Cary Williams seems to be having a solid camp, and from my observations yesterday those reports appear to be true. They tested him a lot, and he responded well.

Now, he could just be another training camp warrior like D. Williams, but if he does take the next step we will have two psychical corners in Smith and Williams.

Edited by BallTMore

On Foxworth there maybe another issue in play. With the old CBA you cannot cut an injured player. That may still be in effect. If so they would have had to reach an injury settlement. That would be a two way street. Maybe Fox didn't want too. All speculation on my part. I don't even know what the rule is now.

If hes on the field, then he's been medically cleared to play. So hes not considered an injured player. He rushed back from this knee injury, no way in the world he was 5 months ahead of schedule. Now hes going to pay the ultimate price.

If hes on the field, then he's been medically cleared to play. So hes not considered an injured player. He rushed back from this knee injury, no way in the world he was 5 months ahead of schedule. Now hes going to pay the ultimate price.

This is not 1984, it does not take guys who are working with an NFL training staff 18 months to come back from an ACL injury anymore.

I remembered after writing that there was also speculation about not wanting to look like they were attacking a union rep after the deal was done. Again who knows.

I think that's why the Ravens kept him. He did a great professional job and the media liked him. The media would write 580 conspiracy stories pounding Ozzie and Bichiotti the second he was let go.

The press would make sure the Ravens are guilty of retaliation and this organization would have a taint they could not clean off.

The Ravens couldn't win. So long Wilson...can you run at all Dominick?... because....because...we have to keep you.

Yeah even if he isn't back yet we are pretty deep at CB, if lacking a star. Given that Webb is looking like the Punt Returner, I'm guessing Carr and Smith start the season at 1 and 2 with Webb the nickel. We would have the luxury of letting Foxworth sit on the PUP for a few weeks to heal up if need be, but given that he is participating in camp I don't think his injury is as serious as people are making out to be. Harbaugh knows Carr and Webb can start and clearly the plan is for Smith to be a starter so why would they be rushing Foxworth back if he wasn't ready? Doesn't add up to me.

Let him be the 5th CB. Again by midseason he could be back in old form. Webb and Carr to start. Smith backup and pushing to start with the young guy who has looks good at camp as #4 and Fox as #5. It makes for a solid CB corps.

I agree with you Papa on this one.

Yeah even if he isn't back yet we are pretty deep at CB, if lacking a star. Given that Webb is looking like the Punt Returner, I'm guessing Carr and Smith start the season at 1 and 2 with Webb the nickel. We would have the luxury of letting Foxworth sit on the PUP for a few weeks to heal up if need be, but given that he is participating in camp I don't think his injury is as serious as people are making out to be. Harbaugh knows Carr and Webb can start and clearly the plan is for Smith to be a starter so why would they be rushing Foxworth back if he wasn't ready? Doesn't add up to me.

If he was not on the PUP list from the start of camp he cannot go on now. It is a rule I think the NFL has to change.