ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Ravens vs Giants Week 6

vmax

1 hour ago, vmax said:

Here's more from Zrebiec.......

"That hasn’t happened often enough and Jackson’s role in the struggles is tough to overlook. In the fourth quarter this year, he’s completed 29 of 45 passes for 326 yards, one touchdown and four interceptions. He had only six fourth-quarter interceptions in his first four NFL seasons.

His quarterback rating in the fourth quarter this season is just 56.3, his lowest of any quarter by a wide margin. Jackson’s rating is 97.8 in the first quarter, 114.8 in the second and 100.6 in the third.

Lamar does seem to collapse in the 4th quarter but, then, do does the whole team. I think there is a conditioning issue to go along with the questionable coaching decisions. The defense seems to run out of gas and the offensive play calling, that is, Roman, seems to become timid regardless of the game situation. Where's the killer instinct on this team?

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, papasmurfbell said:

I think Lamar still gets us 3 first round picks.  

Then what? You still have not answered my question, just keep drafting qbs, ditch them after their 5th year so as to not pay huge salary?

The days of winning a Super Bowl with a budget qb are just about over, eventually you are going to have to pay one big time money.

Lamar is learning to throw from the pocket, trying to increase or at least prove he is worth the money.

That takes some time, not just from an accuracy stand point, took Allen a couple of years. But also from a cerebral stand point, reading defenses pre & post snap. He never learned that in college because he was taught to throw to an open area, read where the open area would be. Reading a man vs zone is easy, but what about man to one side, man underneath, which type of zone are they in?

Now that takes some time if you have never had to process those coverages.

In the mean time, we win some, we lose some. Again, as long as he is learning we have to deal with it, no different than your way, going with a rookie every three to five years.

The biggest issue is the patterns, the route combinations Roman uses, that don't, aren't all that conducive to getting people open unless it is a zone coverage.

Even then, he uses the same ones throughout the game, in the redzone, so defenses are ready for them later in the game or once the offense reaches the other side of the 50....

It's time this team got with the times, get a real passing game, a real offensive minded coach. Anyone can run the ball with a good line and back to match. But passing concepts are a whole different scenario

• Like 1

2 hours ago, vmax said:

Why didn't Roman keep running the ball in the 2nd half? The Giants could not stop it. 

Things are heading south....

I heard on the radio that Allen's 4th quarter passer rating for this season is 120. Lamars is around 50. His numbers keep getting worse. 

Have you seen the sure Hall of Fame qb Aarron Roger's in the 4th quarter?

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/players/419780/aaron-rodgers/splits/

Not much better than Lamar this year, 60.7 % completion. Wait, it must be his receivers, right?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, tsylvester said:

Then what? You still have not answered my question, just keep drafting qbs, ditch them after their 5th year so as to not pay huge salary?

The days of winning a Super Bowl with a budget qb are just about over, eventually you are going to have to pay one big time money.

Lamar is learning to throw from the pocket, trying to increase or at least prove he is worth the money.

That takes some time, not just from an accuracy stand point, took Allen a couple of years. But also from a cerebral stand point, reading defenses pre & post snap. He never learned that in college because he was taught to throw to an open area, read where the open area would be. Reading a man vs zone is easy, but what about man to one side, man underneath, which type of zone are they in?

Now that takes some time if you have never had to process those coverages.

In the mean time, we win some, we lose some. Again, as long as he is learning we have to deal with it, no different than your way, going with a rookie every three to five years.

The biggest issue is the patterns, the route combinations Roman uses, that don't, aren't all that conducive to getting people open unless it is a zone coverage.

Even then, he uses the same ones throughout the game, in the redzone, so defenses are ready for them later in the game or once the offense reaches the other side of the 50....

It's time this team got with the times, get a real passing game, a real offensive minded coach. Anyone can run the ball with a good line and back to match. But passing concepts are a whole different scenario

I have identified Bryce Young.  I go after him and try to win a ring or 2.  If he demands ridiculous money trade him too.  It all goes to the percentage of the cap You cannot win a ring if the QB takes up to much cap space.  It is a 100% situation.

11 hours ago, papasmurfbell said:

I have identified Bryce Young.  I go after him and try to win a ring or 2.  If he demands ridiculous money trade him too.  It all goes to the percentage of the cap You cannot win a ring if the QB takes up to much cap space.  It is a 100% situation.

This is going to take years to see. Mahomet, Allen, huge contracts but right now they fit in the cap with top quality around them. Even Stafford, though this year injuries are killing them.

Stafford won a ring, Mahomet has as well but that was before his contract. We shall have to see if Alllen does..

But playing musical chairs with the most important position on the team is not the way to win consistently...

13 hours ago, papasmurfbell said:

He'll be long gone by the time the Ravens pick.

1 hour ago, GrubberRaven said:

I'm not going to be happy until Roman is gone.  

If it keeps up like this and the Ravens flop again then you just might get your wish Grubbe. 

Roman has to take the next step and evolve as a play caller. From Zrebiec..." there’s no good explanation for not rushing the ball once when you have three opportunities from the 5-yard line to score against a defense that couldn’t stop the run. The Ravens were averaging 9.0 yards per carry at that point of the third quarter. New York hasn’t stopped the run for much of the season. Jackson or Drake has to get at least one carry in that spot."

On 10/18/2022 at 12:10 PM, vmax said:

If it keeps up like this and the Ravens flop again then you just might get your wish Grubbe. 

Roman has to take the next step and evolve as a play caller. From Zrebiec..." there’s no good explanation for not rushing the ball once when you have three opportunities from the 5-yard line to score against a defense that couldn’t stop the run. The Ravens were averaging 9.0 yards per carry at that point of the third quarter. New York hasn’t stopped the run for much of the season. Jackson or Drake has to get at least one carry in that spot."

Unless Steve threatens to fire Turdy too lik in 2012 Roman will stay.

On 10/18/2022 at 10:11 AM, vmax said:

He'll be long gone by the time the Ravens pick.

Thats why I said trade Lamar and accumilate the picks to be in the space to draft Bryce.

On 10/18/2022 at 8:10 AM, tsylvester said:

This is going to take years to see. Mahomet, Allen, huge contracts but right now they fit in the cap with top quality around them. Even Stafford, though this year injuries are killing them.

Stafford won a ring, Mahomet has as well but that was before his contract. We shall have to see if Alllen does..

But playing musical chairs with the most important position on the team is not the way to win consistently...

Stafford won a ring with much of his cap hit still in Det.  

Te right QB and try to find one that wants to win more than break the bank.