ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Sashi Brown

tsylvester

Yes, while the purple world of Ravens fans are wondering if Lamar will play this week end, the real name lurking in the backs of their minds is that of team president, Sashi Brown. He was brought in because of his ability to massage the salary cap, get deals done that won't adversely hurt the team down the road.

However, two major players currently on the Ravens roster who we have seen transform this offense and defense into something to be feared, will test Mr Brown's whits, his cunningness.

Smith and Jackson both want and deserve to be paid amongst the highest at their respective positions, but how those numbers are worked is as vital to keeping the Ravens in the playoffs for years to come just as much as those two players.

Both players combined could eat up as much as 50% or higher of the cap. Front loaded, back loaded, easy outs, how much is guaranteed for these relatively young players is what Mr Brown has to work his magic on.

• tsylvester changed the title to Sashi Brown

Smith is the most important signing. As for Lamar, cap & trade might be the best way to handle his demands.

Of course, who knows? Maybe Lamar comes back this week and leads the team to a Super Bowl...wouldn't that be something?!

9 hours ago, oldno82 said:

Smith is the most important signing. As for Lamar, cap & trade might be the best way to handle his demands.

Of course, who knows? Maybe Lamar comes back this week and leads the team to a Super Bowl...wouldn't that be something?!

Then Lamar will be worth a fortune in picks.

I dont kow why one would think Brown can massage the cap well.  Its not like the NFL has a Bird exemption.  

Smith made it clear that his talks were with Eric, but you can bet that Eric was in agreement with Sashi on how much of a CAP hit they can take and the Parameters of the money. I think Sashi basically wrote the contract. Eric bartered it. 

I get he is a FA.  You can have the deal fully inked.  Both parties have their copy.  But until its submitted to the league it does not count against the cap.  If both parties had the deal in hand the ravens cant screw Smith by saying never mind and Smith cant go and say never mnd the Falcons with pay me 22 per.

3 hours ago, papasmurfbell said:

I get he is a FA.  You can have the deal fully inked.  Both parties have their copy.  But until its submitted to the league it does not count against the cap.  If both parties had the deal in hand the ravens cant screw Smith by saying never mind and Smith cant go and say never mnd the Falcons with pay me 22 per.

Yeah, remember he who shall not be named who agreed, in principle, to be defensive end for the Ravens this past summer, only to renig on the deal and sign with a crappy team for slightly more money?

I doubt Smith is that type of person and unless we over rate the honor of the leaders of the Ravens, that this would happen with this deal.

Great idea though, i forgot about rhe post June 1 possibility