ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Cousins and Harper cut

vmax

They trimmed the roster by 9 players...

Tackle Oniel Cousins and wide receiver Justin Harper are two of the more well-known names on the list, which also includes seven rookie free agents.

Tackle Brady Bond and tight end Jonathan Stupar are two other veteran players who were released. Bond spent some time with the Ravens’ practice squad last season. Stupar, a four-year veteran, was signed this preseason after Baltimore released Todd Heap.

Baltimore also waived five rookie free agents: DT Cornell Banks (Fresno State), C Ryan Bartholomew (Syracuse), WR Rodney Bradley (Hawaii), LB Anthony Leon (Arkansas), WR Terrell Zachery (Auburn).

http://blogs.baltimoreravens.com/2011/08/27/ravens-cut-cousins-8-more/

Well cousins certainly wasn't the answer at Tackle. He seemed to have potential at Guard, but with the addition of Levoir and Mckinnie, he became the victim of a numbers game.

Harper - no suprise. He has been around for a while and showed very little this preseason while Quan Williams and David Reed, Tandon Doss continued to impress.

I was no fan of Cousins at tackle. Just wasn't quick enough and allowed way too much pressure on Joe. Thought he might have a shot at guard.

Kind of amazing he got let go in the very first round of cuts: just 2 weeks ago he was our starting right tackle! Just goes to show you how fast things can change and the poor situation our offensive line was or is in. Hopefully, the line straightens out with McKinnie, Yanda, at Oher playing at their best positions but it may be a work in progress for the first month or so.

Everything I've read has Yanda and Birk with injuries they're expected to recover from. I agree that it would be disappointing to lose Yanda for an extended period, however everything has been positive that he will be in the starting lineup. Hopefully it's not smoke cuz that has happened before.

If McKinnie works out at LT I really like the look of our O-Line. Birk would be the weakest link at C and that is a long way from where we were a couple of weeks ago.

Hell even if Birk doesn't hold up I think Mattison can do enough of a job beside Yanda and Grubbs as long as he doesn't have to block someone 1 on 1 all the time.