ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Draft

tsylvester

Kelee Ringo, cb, UGA, 4.36 40-yard dash. He measured in at 6-foot-2, 207 pounds with 31 1/4 inch arms. He posted a 33.5 vertical jump and a 10′2 broad jump, which were on the low end for his position group.

In my opinion, biased a bit, the best cb in the draft. Likely won't last till the Ravens pick ( a regular pick, not a traded Lamar pick), but would love to add him to this secondary

• 1 month later...

We're drafting at #22. Should would stay there or draft down some spaces to get another 3rd round pick? Also, if he is there, should we take Herndon Hooker from the Vols? I'd be tempted to take Hooker even if Lamar agrees to playing on the tag but you guys follow college football more closely than I do so what's your guess?

No way Hooker at 22, maybe in the 3rd if he is there, let someone else draft him, try and develop him.

I would wait to see how the top 15 goes, if they right receiver drops below that, trade up to get him. No sense letting another team step in and grab him as has happened before.

If the right corner is there at 22, speed, size, instincts, grab him.

This team is nicely put together with only a few holes, they don't need to draft 10 players, they need to hit on 3 of 5 or better.

It would be better to trade forward into the 2nd from later round draft picks. Wait, never mind, they usually miss on 2nd round players 😀

3 hours ago, oldno82 said:

We're drafting at #22. Should would stay there or draft down some spaces to get another 3rd round pick? Also, if he is there, should we take Herndon Hooker from the Vols? I'd be tempted to take Hooker even if Lamar agrees to playing on the tag but you guys follow college football more closely than I do so what's your guess?

If a guy that is special is not there I hope they trade out of the first like the way we did for Boller.  I want to maximize picks in the first round for 24.  

I would take Hooker on day 2.  If he is artificially elevated let someone else mess that up.

OK...I agree with that, but shouldn't we be grooming somebody to avoid the mess we're in now from happening again next year? Huntley isn't the answer. And, if we're not going to groom a draftee, shouldn't we be signing a better backup quarterback? 

I don't want to be so damned dependent on LJ next year.

There are not many better options left in free agency at the qb position. Sure, some would be better than Huntley, but only in stats, not in wins. Look around, Washington had a very good defense, put up numbers offensively, but lost games because one of those big numbers was turnovers, offensive turnovers. Or sacks, not because their line was bad, but because their qb didn't see the open man before he became open.

Huntley's major issue is his lack of arm strength, last season that went haywire, because he hurt his shoulder.

Sure, they can groom someone, but Hooker's biggest issue is over thinking at the LOS, a bad sign. He may get over it, he has tremendous potential, but in the end, he always ends up thinking too much, in college, missing the big play that would win the game, or making that mistake that cost them the games.

• 2 weeks later...

Twas the night before the draft, what will the Ravens do? Will they keep the pick and make me happy, oh and you too?

Will they trade Lamar Jackson, for peanuts and a little more? Will they draft a wide receiver who can catch the ball and score?

So many ways for this draft can go, some will make us squirm, but no matter what happens, Eric has the final word.

Yes, but is he going to be of value to us or is he just another aging veteran like Watkins, et.al.? 

If they do pick him up I also think Lamar will sign. Probably a 3 year deal or 5 year with voidable years and while not 'fully' guaranteed it will be heavily into that stratosphere.

Now if DHop isn't traded for and Lamar is still unsigned this time next week, we're still in limbo. I hope they draft a quarterback late so they have somebody in addition to Tyler for competition in camp.

Jumped off Twitter again, so my only source to 'outside' sources is through reddit.  They're losing their minds over some tweets saying Lamar is signing long term and Dhop is coming here.  Claiming a win.  We've become the fan base that cheers for paper wins and not actual wins.  We're bowing to Lamar and WRs that are on the downside of their careers.

• Upvote 1

If they get Hop, and Lamar signs, and this goes sideways, doesn't work, the front office will have to be fired.

Now I am not saying Super Bowl or bust, they aren't the Jets right now, where if Rodgers doesn't produce a championship in the next year or 2 it is a failure.

But this team, sans injuries, with those additions would have to have a run deep in the playoffs each of the next what, 3 years, or it will be a failure.

Or if this offense doesn't take off because of Lamar....

• Upvote 1