ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Cap moves

tsylvester

Let the cap calisthenics begin, as they try to exercise the Lamar contract/ tag.

First as we said earlier, Chuck Clarke is being traded, clearing about $4.1 mil from the cap.

Now Micheal Pierce is taking a restructure, turning $2 mil in base salary into incentives, saves the team $2.6 mil roughly.

These two moves leave the Ravens with needing to clear @ $3 mil more to be cap ready by the league year next week.

12 hours ago, tsylvester said:

Cambell released, saves the team $7 mil in cap space. I would be shocked if he were not resigned at a much lower number

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/calais-campbell-released-veteran-ravens-free-agency

If he is smart he joins a team that he can get a ring with.  It is not here.  I would talk to Philthy to join that D.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, papasmurfbell said:

If he is smart he joins a team that he can get a ring with.  It is not here.  I would talk to Philthy to join that D.

He has a 3% chance of picking that team.

12 hours ago, papasmurfbell said:

He is still very good in spurts.  He could help the eagles.  They lost Hargraves and Campbell could help with that loss.

Those were starters, men who played a lot of snaps, he is not. Could happen, sure, but he loves it here in Bmore, loves playing for the Ravens, so expect him to finish out here

Ravens tender Huntely, right of first refusal, 2.6 mil...

Reports that they did look into Mayfield and Brissett, thankfully they both went elsewhere.

Of the remaining qbs, I wonder, who is better than Huntley?

Joe Flacco, Matt Ryan, Carson Wentz, Marcus Mariota, Teddy Bridgewater, Chase Daniel, and Gardner Minshew?

I wouldn't  mind Minshew over Huntley, in Monken's system he might do well