ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Cap moves

tsylvester

Geno Stone brought back, good move as he has shown very good improvement in his play. Still not a great cover safety, but certainly good enough and young. No word yet on how much that I could find.

Long snapper Nik Moore was also brought back, 2 years, $2.5 mil, another solid bring back move.

Choices are limited. Bridgewater would be better than Huntley but injury history is indeed the question. Wentz a better option?

What do you guys know about Tennessee Vols quarterback Hooker? He might be on our draft radar but I have never seen him play. Could be available day 2.

33 minutes ago, oldno82 said:

Choices are limited. Bridgewater would be better than Huntley but injury history is indeed the question. Wentz a better option?

What do you guys know about Tennessee Vols quarterback Hooker? He might be on our draft radar but I have never seen him play. Could be available day 2.

Now the pundants are pushing him up to day 1 it looks like.  That is to far.  T was saying before if he has the play in early he is all world.  To slow and he is an accident waiting to happen.  That screams being coached up to me.  I would take him in the 2nd if we have a pick there.  

Thanks for the info guys. From what you've said and from what I've read, I agree he's a day two pick option depending on what else is available. 

All I know is that I don't feel comfortable with Huntley as our #1 quarterback. 

Any other lesser known college qb's who might slip to day 2 or 3 and be worth taking a shot at?

I wouldn't mind seeing them taking Clayton Tune, from Houston. 6'3, 200 pounds (room to bulk up).

Good, solid, accurate arm, not a true running qb, but he moves through the pocket well, and can escape. He three for just over 4,000 yards last year, with 40 touchdowns. Yes, Likely a system qb, but in Monken's system, his short quick release could pay dividends. He is pretty accurate down field, had six passes of 40 yards or more, not the catch a quick hitch but actual air yards.

He needs grooming, as one would expect from a later round pick, but...

• Upvote 1

OK...sounds like a possibility though one writeup I just read after reading your post said arm strength is an issue with him...how about Monken's QB at Georgia? I know you follow the Bulldogs. I also know I can't expect a mid-late round QB to not being a project to varying degrees.

Man I love an overcomer, Stetson was just that, pure determination got him back to back championships. I think he will be a very good back up qb, for a few years given his age, his height. While he is a quick twitch, quick release qb with excellent vision, I can't see him being any more than a backup.

As far as arm strength for Tune, while it is true, he does not have the strongest arm, six passes, air yards, of over 40 yards tells the tale as they say. It is strong enough.

• Upvote 1

Ah the agonizingly boring time 20 or so days before most drafts, more so now with the questions surrounding Lamar, will he be traded, to whom, for how much?

Will the Ravens then draft the next leader of offense? Which one? Where, 4, 14, 22, later?

Will he stay with the Ravens, if so, will they then draft a wide out at 22, trade it down for more picks?

We all just want to know

Just keep Carly Simon in mind ("Anticipay-yay-shun").

All the unknowns will be at least partially known after the draft but we may have to wait longer, much longer on the resolution of the Lamar issue.

I will say this: if he holds out I'd trade his ass to the highest bidder for picks in 2024. I wouldn't wait until training camp in July. The drop dead date should be the OTA's. If no one wants him, let him rot somewhere while we obtain a free agent, any free agent quarterback who wants to come here.