ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

There's obviously something wrong with Evans

yagersports

He didn't catch a single pass this past Sunday (or maybe he caught 1, I can't remember), and he's in that protective boot again! He says he's taking a wait and see approach. Let's just let him heal so we have him late in the season. Why push things so early when we're clearly capable of rolling some of this early competition.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=nfp-20110915_ravens_evans_plans_on_playing_sunday

OK...he practiced...found this...

After not practicing Wednesday, Ravens wide receiver Lee Evans shed his small walking boot on Thursday and took to the field.

Better yet, he also plans on facing the Tennessee Titans.

“Absolutely, I plan on playing on Sunday,” Evans told the Carroll County Times. “But we’ll have to see. You got to take it day by day and see what happens.”

http://blogs.baltimoreravens.com/2011/09/15/evans-plans-on-playing-sunday/

Guest BallTMore

Yep. I'd rest him until the big games for sure.

But the good news is Torry Smith looked better last week than he did all preseason.

True, he did not have a catch, but he did get good separation on more than a few plays against Pittsburgh, including Ray Rice's TD catch. Torrey was running open in the middle. I think once Joe gets comfortable with him he will make a bigger impact.

The boot sounds scary, but when a guy has a slight injury and the Ravens have the ability to put him in the boot, they do it. It can only help him heal faster, no matter how minor the injury. I agree if it's serious we should be sitting him. Torrey looked decent, Reed is back, and Tandon can play. People aren't sleeping on our TE's any longer either.