ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Pro Bowl Before Super Bowl

ForceEight

Interesting...

MIAMI -- The Pro Bowl will be played one week before the Super Bowl in 2010 and both games will be staged in Dolphin Stadium, a person directly involved in the decision told The Associated Press on Monday.

The official spoke on condition of anonymity because the NFL has not announced the move.

It's not a new notion to have the game moved up to take place between the conference championship games and the Super Bowl. The NFL has discussed it multiple times in recent years, and commissioner Roger Goodell told the AP last month that having the game precede the Super Bowl would avoid a "somewhat anticlimactic" ending to the season.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3798734

• 2 weeks later...

I don't like the idea.

Although it's a meaningless game, I see it as a distraction to the playoffs and Super Bowl....like flies on your steak at the cookout.

In the past, the main reason I turned it on was to see the mountains, ocean and beaches of Hawaii...to get through the cold of February.