ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Ravens @ Chiefs

tsylvester

2 hours ago, papasmurfbell said:

13 rec    24 targ      109 yds

I didnt know it was that bad.

I just looked up yds for Kelce in those games 488.  If you want it I can give you the game by game numbers.

Yes I'm surprised it's that bad too. But it is what it is.

2 minutes ago, oldno82 said:

Yes I'm surprised it's that bad too. But it is what it is.

Andrews
tgt            comp            yds    
2            2                15
5            5                57
3            8                22
3            7                15
0            2                0

Kelce

11            11                116
7            8                109
6            7                87
7            8                89
7            9                77

1 hour ago, cravnravn said:

Hey gang hope all is well!!

What time does any of the Baltimore local pregame stuff come on and what channel?

No, no, no. You don't get to come in here after all this time, asking for help! lol.

NBC and Peacock have pregame coverage starting at 7 pm.

3 hours ago, cravnravn said:

Hey gang hope all is well!!

What time does any of the Baltimore local pregame stuff come on and what channel?

Hey buddy, good fo see you, not sure, stopped watching the bubble gum local stuff a long time ago

Lamar throw to the open man.   TD opportunities on 2 consecutive plays and he cant execute.  Also get you ass to the OL and put your hands on Lindy's nuts and take the snap.  If you want to maximize Henry you have to be in the I.  I dont give a crap if you are more comfortable in pistol or shotgun.  Henry is not more comfortable with you there.  Him being met in the backfield does not maximize him.  The offense being in 2nd and 3rd and long and having Henry on the sideline does not maximize him.  

Haven't watched the game, only the last play. Likely was out of bounds, nuff said.

On that play however, Andrews was coming from left to right along the goal line, 1 man on him and Mark had 2, 3 steps, easy touchdown.

Bateman was at the left back corner, he too had 1 man on him, had position and a step or two on him, easy touchdown.

I know, Lamar was scrambling, but, he clearly is looking to Likely 1st and foremost, not a good thing.

Likely is awesome, good bye Mark, but not when it is taking away from other players.

Another strong start, then a fade in the middle requiring a comeback.

The line was fine papa, 1st game together, on the road with one of the best teams in the league, 20 pts, could have, should have been more.

Do they need work? Sure, so too does the Chief's line which gave up 2 sacks, few rushing yards.

Same for Henry, 1st game, the defense was pretty good, from looking at the stats, but it too needs work.

Tucker 2 for 3 on field goals is more alarming, it haven't seen his miss yet, but...

4th and 3, down 10-7, 2nd q, 9:44, they go for it at the 50. They run a wide receiver screen to Flowers?

Sure, he only had 1 man to beat, the guy Likely passes up to seal off a linebacker who had no chance to make the play.

Good play call, bad execution by Likely. If he just gets in the way of the dB, Flowers makes it easy.

The series before Lamar is once again stripped sacked, results in a field goal.

The defense to this point is playing well, even with the busts in coverage. Roqqun is very good, but not good enough to cover a wide receiver. Then of course the break that lead to the Worthy long passing touchdown, dB and safety let him go.

3rd and 12 on the ensuing possession for Kc, they have Mahomes deep for a major sack and lose containment, he throws to Kelcy for a first down. Ouch, great players make plays.

So far, these teams are even, even with the new line, the ridiculous refs and their officiating.

Brand9n Stephens so far has gotten owned by Kelcey on that play and a few plays later by Worthy on a crossing route.

But they buckle down and force a field goal.

Ravens get the ball back, Henry rips a run off right tackle, Lamar steps back to pass on the next play and either it was a called qb draw or he for some reason decided to run, big gain.

Later in the series, 3rd and 8, Lamar is forced to scramble, Worries gives up the pressure, incomplete pass

Leads to the Tucker miss from 53, just outside the left up right.

It appeared, though not easy to see, that the hold was a bit off.

Mahomes doesn't get a clean pocket, and is picked by Smith on the ensuing series.

The entire series to end the 1st half from the 9, Lamar appears to be rushed, doesn't see the field clearly and half tosses bad passes that fall incomplete. Leads to a field goal to end the 1st half down 13-10.

Kc comes out of the half and marches right down the field for a touchdown, mostly on bad coverage in the secondary, the middle of the field.

20-10 hole

Ravens answer by moving down field, end up with a 3rd and 12 from the Cheifs 45 yard line.

Lamar scrambles a bit, though not under major pressure. He ignores Andrews in the flat with one man on him that could have gotten at least 8 yards. He sees Flowers with a step on his man and tosses it to him but it is badly under thrown. Lead him into the endzone, Flowers was at the 10, it's a touchdown.

Stayed up and watched the whole thing.  Competitive until the end.  I'm not overly upset losing to the reigning Super Bowl champs, but damn if there wasn't some bias.

Wow, 9 seconds, has Flowers wide open in the endzone, misses him, Flowers went one way, the ball the other.

On the final drive, Bateman made a great catch, laying out along the sidelines to get them to the 12 or so.

All in all, yeah they lost, could have won this game.

But too many errors on the defense, blown coverages, bad coverage, missed tackles, not finishing the rush on Mahomes.

Missed blocks at key times along the line or as I pointed out by Likely. Andrews fell down going for a 1st down, failed.

Bad passes down field, missed opportunities.

However, 1st game of the year, on the road, yeah, this team is very, very good, patience.