ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

RAVENS: Lee Evans expects to return this season

papasmurfbell

http://www.carrollcountytimes.com/blogs/sports/ravens/ravens-lee-evans-expects-to-return-this-season/article_852cc1dc-fa73-11e0-8728-001cc4c002e0.html

OWINGS MILLS -- Sidelined since the second game of the season with a left ankle injury, Baltimore Ravens veteran wide receiver Lee Evans said he expects to play again this season.

And Evans indicated that surgery is still not an option.

However, he made no prediction on when he might return.

"I got to be effective out there," said Evans, who's been replaced in the starting lineup by rookie wide receiver Torrey Smith. "I can't just go out there just to go out there

"It's to the point now where I can't even answer any more questions about it. It's going to be what it is. We'll see."

Meanwhile, rookie cornerback Jimmy Smith said that his left high ankle sprain is improving. Smith has been out since the season opener when he got hurt on special teams against the Pittsburgh Steelers.

"I'm very optimistic about the comeback," said Smith, whose lateral movement has been limited by the injury. I think my ankle is healing day to day. So far, no, no setbacks."

Because the Ravens are winning, I'll look at this as a blessing in disguise due to the fact that Torry Smith is getting valuable playing time and experience.

Getting Evans back would be huge. That would be one more solid playmaker on the field...line him, Bouldin and Smith up in a 3 wide and that would bother most defenses...and beat most.

6b0e3ef7d4dae4e9c67aedcfe282ce4a-getty-122136098.jpg

Going 3 wide with them would be very scary. Torrry is playing so much better than I expected for this season.

Harbaughs probably hold that package back for Nov. 6th...that stadium will start to empty out in the 3rd quarter.

Going 3 wide with them would be very scary. Torrry is playing so much better than I expected for this season.

I agree, I honestly thought he was a wasted pick, no hands at all and couldn't run a route,. Even going into the season, after limited camps, he still had no hands and was terrible with his routes. After that 3 td performance he seems to have gotten confidence, as Joe said and looks like he will turn into a solid pro.