ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

What's the message between the lines?

vmax

Part of their discussion after Monday’s 12-7 loss to Jacksonville was about how to be quicker in the two-minute drill.

One way is to have the quarterback making the calls in those situations, and it’s something Cameron and Flacco are working on together.

"I think that’s something you always want to work toward,” Cameron said. “He and I have talked about that.

“I think Joe knows this and understands this, he can call any play when he feels he needs to. He can suggest one at any time. He’s made several suggestions this year and he knows when he suggests one, I call it.”

When asked on Wednesday whether there was any truth to fan speculation about whether the offense would move faster if Flacco were calling the plays in hurry-up situations, Flacco said, “I guess there’s probably truth to that.”

It wasn’t something Flacco said he wanted to take on or was campaigning for, however. “It’s just how quickly can I think on my feet and get the play out there,” he said. “It’s just a matter of how we want to do it.”

"What I’ve done with guys in the past, they look over and sometimes they need a play. I say, ‘Don’t be afraid. Don’t let your pride get in the way.’ If you need an idea, if you need a call, all you have to do is press a button and you can talk to the guy instantly. It’s something that can really work.”

I just believe in that,” Cameron said. “I come from that kind of environment when the quarterback gets involvement with the play-calling. He’s had a significant amount of input. And I’d love for him to do that.”

http://blogs.baltimoreravens.com/2011/10/27/cam-joe-talk-about-accelerating-hurry-up/

It sounds like Joe is hessitant to take the reins and Cam is saying it's something you want to work toward.

It's year 4. Shouldn't this issue have been resolved by now?

I'm so confused.

Yeah that's odd. So is Joe really that incompetent that he can't call plays on a regular basis? And what's this talk about trying to get plays in faster and speeding up 'if that's something they want to do'? Hello??? Four years I think it may be something you want to do.

I was listening to the Ladarius Webb show and heard something interesting on special teams. Ed Reed makes the decision on every punt who is the returner, not the coaches. Webb said there is times he wants to return and reed wants to do it.... I love Ed but damn maybe a coach should be making these decisions

Yeah that's odd. So is Joe really that incompetent that he can't call plays on a regular basis? And what's this talk about trying to get plays in faster and speeding up 'if that's something they want to do'? Hello??? Four years I think it may be something you want to do.

I was listening to the Ladarius Webb show and heard something interesting on special teams. Ed Reed makes the decision on every punt who is the returner, not the coaches. Webb said there is times he wants to return and reed wants to do it.... I love Ed but damn maybe a coach should be making these decisions

I agree completely. Weird if its true.

As for Joe and Cam there are a number of possibilities.

One is Cam is a control freak and does'nt really want Joe to to have that freedom.

Another is Cam does not really think Joe can handle calling the plays.

Another is Joe for whatever reason does not want to call the plays. What QB doesn't though?

Probably a few more possibilities too. We wont now the full truth.,

We'll NEVER know the story between Joe & Cam unless Joe leaves and writes a book,

Its frustrating to say the least..

Interesting point i just heard on the radio,,Folks doubting Drew Brees under Cams leadership, San Diego media was lead to believe that Brees "just didnt have it" Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm very interesting.