ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Nearly 80%? Really?

deeshopper

I'm very curious about the number of fans checking "yes" on The Sun's poll regarding if the Ravens will win on Saturday or not. The result has almost 80% of people expecting a win. Really?

This game scares me. Can the Ravens win? Yes, of course. But I don't know if they will. 80% of the voters thinking they will. Really?

Our defense will take care of Collins and Co... that's not a problem. We'll hold them to less than 17 points, guaranteed. The real question is about our offensive line vs. their defensive line.

Will Flacco have plenty of time in the pocket? If not, will he have a good game under pressure?

Will we be able to move them off the line to get our backs going?

These are the questions that will decide the game. I'm not worried about Flacco turning the ball over or the Titans offense putting up points... I just haven't decided yet if we will be able to sustain drives against the Titans. And while it would be nice to generate some points with our D, I'm definitely not going to bank on it. We will need to sustain drives to win this game. I just hope we can.

I'm very curious about the number of fans checking "yes" on The Sun's poll regarding if the Ravens will win on Saturday or not. The result has almost 80% of people expecting a win. Really?

This game scares me. Can the Ravens win? Yes, of course. But I don't know if they will. 80% of the voters thinking they will. Really?

Go to ESPN.com. On the front page is a poll asking who will win the AL East. Nearly 50% of Marylanders selected the Orioles.

That's the pudding, and it has some proof in there that polls mean diddly do da dey when subjectivity and homerism are involved.

Go to ESPN.com. On the front page is a poll asking who will win the AL East. Nearly 50% of Marylanders selected the Orioles.

That's the pudding, and it has some proof in there that polls mean diddly do da dey when subjectivity and homerism are involved.

Well, of course, but 80% is a lot of homerism. Especially given the outcome previously in a game played here in Baltimore.

Well, of course, but 80% is a lot of homerism. Especially given the outcome previously in a game played here in Baltimore.

If you really want to break it down, let's say that--realistically--each team should receive 50% of the vote (they're pretty evenly matched). Take away the 50% the Ravens should have received regardless, and it's a 30/20 split. Considering that Ravens fans outnumber Titans fans on The Sun's site at least 20 or 30:1 (it'd be more if not for the game), the performance of the team this past weekend, and the apparent idea that Flacco has gotten better, and it makes sense.

In my head.

Guest BallTMore

I also feel the Ravens can win, but I won't go out on a limb and predict a W. I'm just going to sit back, relax, until the game starts, then dry-heave throughout until someone on either side puts the game out of reach.

We know they can hang with the Titans and Steelers, but we don't know if they can finish off one of theses teams. That's the only obstacle the Ravens haven't mastered this season.

My feelings are swaying back and fourth. Confident to uneasy. If the offense plays like it did in Miami then I feel it will be tough for the Ravens to win, but, I also remember the game in Baltimore and how Joe threw two INTs directly to Titans defenders which killed us, I don't think he'll do that this Saturday, so that makes me feel good about the offense and the game.

I am unsure, the Titans game was the one game this season that I didnt see. I listened on the radio for the first three quarters before I lost the station. I cannot remember watching another Titan game this season so I dont know what to expect.

I do think the offense has to play better, and I kind of feel they will but I am not sure by how much.

I do think the Ravens can win, but I am not sure if I think they will.

The Sun poll is definately a homer vote. This game is a toss up so I can see Ravens fans voting Ravens in such an evenly matched game...it's a "hope vote"....and that's how I voted.

I do think this is a winnable game for the Ravens if they avoid the costly turnover.

Here's some Vegas odds....

Odds to win Super Bowl

January 6, 2009

..........CURRENT.... OPENING

TEAM....... ODDS..... ODDS

N.Y. Giants,, 5-2....... 12-1

Carolina...... 5-1....... 65-1

Pittsburgh.... 5-1........25-1

Tennessee... 6-1........40-1

San Diego... 9-1.........10-1

Ravens...... .10-1 ......100-1

Philadelphia 12-1....... 30-1

Arizona....... 30-1........40-1

i wonder what the vegas odds were for NE to win it all

They were the favorites, at 5-2. (coincidentally, the same odds that the Giants currently have to win it all)

So last February, without playing a single 2009 game, the Patriots were given the same odds that the 'Defending Champs' have only been able to get by securing the #1 seed in the NFC. That's how good the Patriots were last year.

I feel pretty confident about this game... but I don't make picks in games that really matter - not for money, not for fun.

I think our D is on top of it's game and the Tenn offense has struggled recently. Their explosion against the Steelers was more defensive than offensive. Collins didn't top 250 and neither of their runners topped 100 yards. I think we can definitely handle their offense - and their "thunder and lightning" runners.

Offensively, I think we are far better than we were in Week 5 or 6. Our OL was able to protect Flacco in that game and they have only gotten better. Flacco has improved. Our receivers have improved. Our running game is as strong as ever. And to top it off, two of the key pressure players for Tenn (Haynesworth and Van den Bosh) are both dealing with injuries.

I hope to see us moving the ball far more effective than we did last time we met the Titans. If we move it the way we did against the Dolphins most of the game (almost always finding our way to their 40), I like our odds.