ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Look who Joe's with

vmax

Jim Trotter has the QB rankings for SI...look at the company he lumps Joe into...

20. Christian Ponder, Vikings: The rookie first-round pick continues to improve. In six starts he has thrown nine touchdowns and eight interceptions. He makes mistakes, but he also makes plays, with his legs as well as his right arm. A rookie quarterback's best friends are a running game and a stout defense. The Vikings have a running game, but their once-vaunted defense is a shell of its former self.

21. TJ Yates, Texans: The rookie fifth-round pick showed a lot of promise last week in his first career start. Unlike QBs taking snaps in their first season, he didn't look to simply check down to running backs or drop the ball in the flats. He took his shots down the field. Believing you can make plays is the first step to making plays, and Yates appears to have that swag. We'll see.

22. Joe Flacco, Ravens: Baltimore is tied for the best record in the AFC, but Flacco is on pace to throw for his fewest touchdowns since his rookie season in 2008. His 55.3 completion percentage also is a career low. Normally he would be higher in the rankings, but if a player has shown us more but gives us less, it's tough to give him full credit.

23. Dan Orlovsky, Colts: In his lone start last week, he completed 81.1 percent of his passes for 353 yards, two scores and one pick. Is this a blip on the radar of a sign of things to come? History says the former; he had eight TDs and eight INTs in seven previous career starts.

24. Tarvaris Jackson, Seahawks: In a season that started with two rookies and a second-year pro in the offensive line, injured receivers who hindered their ability to work together in training camp, and a new offensive scheme, it's a credit to Jackson that he has remained upright, let alone complete 60 percent of his passes with 10 TDs and 12 picks.

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/writers/jim_trotter/12/07/quarterback.ratings/index.html#ixzz1g3aimkl9

I guess winning doesn't mean much.

i wonder if the offense has scored more touchdowns overall compared to last year with the same amount of games. If so couldn't the argument be made that joe has more balance this year? I heard a commentater on the nfl network last night, say that " if you are nervous about what your QB does from game to game, you will not win the superbowl." I seem to remember people being dissatisfied with Terry Bradshaw and Phill Simms before they won the big one. I have heard the snickers from the announcers since the Jacksonville game when talking about Joe and I would love nothing better than to watch Joe hoist up the Lombardi and make those guys eat a shit sandwich!

Sorry for the Steeler comparison (T.Bradshaw), I did cringe when I typed his name in. I agree, Evans missing games hurt Joe in passing and because Torrey Smith is a rookie I don't think he has gotten the pi callls that he has deserved ( probably because of drops). As much as the talking heads fall over themselves talking about how formidable the Steelers are at ketcup field, they seem to forget Joe has beaten the Steelers at Pittsburg with passing twice. How many NFL quarterbacks can say that?

I know there's a difference of opinion on this board as to whether Flacco has been a good quarterback or not, but that rating is ridiculous.

BTW, they did say those things about Bradshaw---I vividly remember all the talk about his being too dumb to win a Super Bowl.

I know there's a difference of opinion on this board as to whether Flacco has been a good quarterback or not, but that rating is ridiculous.

BTW, they did say those things about Bradshaw---I vividly remember all the talk about his being too dumb to win a Super Bowl.

The Fans booed Bradshaw off the field back in the in his early years..

This writer just has a hard-on for Flacco, hes probably his fantasy QB...Thats just a total hate article.