ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Nice guarantee

papasmurfbell

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/12/27/suggs-says-ravens-are-headed-to-super-bowl-not-pro-bowl/

With the Jets’ playoff chances dangling by a thread (but still a fairly thick one), another team needs to fill the “we’re going to the Super Bowl” vacuum.

Enter the Ravens.

Linebacker Terrell Suggs said in the wake of Tuesday’s Pro Bowl roster announcement that his team is aiming higher. “I have no intentions of playing in the Pro Bowl,” Suggs said, according to the team’s Twitter page (via NFL.com). “I plan on being in practice with my teammates . . . getting ready for the Super Bowl.”

While not technically a guarantee but instead a Cowher-style statement of current plans, Suggs’ message is the closest thing that any team other than the Jets have done to calling their shot.

But Suggs has a point. When the Ravens play a team that actually gets their attention, the Ravens can beat anybody. But for their inability to beat the mediocre teams, the road to the place where the Super Bowl will be played would go through the town that the team that currently plays in the place where the Super Bowl will be played once abandoned.

That looks like something that will blow up in your face. It reminds me of a statment Rex would make.

Suggs stated his intention. Where he intends to be.

That statement is no where near a guarantee. It's the media stretching it.He never said "We're going to the Super Bowl". ProFootballtalk said it...but not Suggs.

There's a huge difference between Intent and guarantee.

Ever since Namath, the media looks for any player willing to open his mouth and give as guarantee. Well this is a bullshit stretch.

Suggs has been very clear all season that he's not playing for stats, records or accolades....he wants that trophy.

That's healthy.

I just look at people doing or saying one thing here in and when they go to the next city bmore fans vilify them for doing the same thing.

Rex is light years ahead of anybody else when it comes to making outrageous statements. I don't see anything wrong with Terrell saying he'd rather be in the Super Bowl than the Pro Bowl and I bet most if not all players would say the same thing.

But for their inability to beat the mediocre teams, the road to the place where the Super Bowl will be played would go through the town that the team that currently plays in the place where the Super Bowl will be played once abandoned.

uhhh...what? That has to be the most difficult way possible to say what they are trying to say.

Suggs is stating his intentions of playing in the Super Bowl, instead of the Pro Bowl. To me, Its no different than the 2000 season when Coach Brian Billick, after the "P word" prohibition was removed, proclaimed "gentlemen, its time to go the Super Bowl". Even though Suggs wasnt even on that team, maybe he's simply trying to convey the same message and motivate the team. .

I applaud him and hope its works because this team needs a shot of adrenaline after a couple of back to back lackluster performances.

:gorave: