ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

All of Circuit City Gone

ForceEight

Yes, most of Maryland's stores were eliminated in the November bankruptcy, but now Circuit City no longer exists.

Shame.

Jan. 16 (Bloomberg) -- Circuit City Stores Inc., the bankrupt consumer-electronics retailer, will shut down all of its 567 U.S. stores after failing to find a buyer that would keep the chain in operation.

Great American Group WF LLC; Hudson Capital Partners LLC; SB Capital Group LLC; and Tiger Capital Group LLC won the right to liquidate the company’s assets in a court-sanctioned auction. Circuit City creditors are guaranteed to get the first 70.5 percent of the value of the $1.2 billion to $1.3 billion in inventory. Stockholders will probably get nothing, Circuit City said today in a statement.

Sales declined at Circuit City, once the biggest U.S. electronics retailer, as it lost market share to Best Buy Co., Wal-Mart Stores Inc. and online retailers. On Nov. 10, it filed for bankruptcy in Richmond, Virginia, after suppliers cut off credit and demanded cash up front for shipments. At the time, Circuit City, which employs more than 30,000 people in the U.S., planned to exit court protection as a going concern.

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=206...&refer=home

30,000 people thrown out of work. :(

At least one person here has the true perspective. Screw the gift cards and think about the people no different than any of us who are now worrying about the welfare of their families.

If ya do have a job, just make sure your name is known. I work at a grocery store where they have a hiring freeze right now, cutting hours, and they just fired 3 cashiers (out of 12) even though one of them is the managers daughter. But because I'm outspoken, and I made sure everybody knows I'm here I work the max hours we are allowed and made friends with the manager of the store and even got a chance to speak with the man who founded the 23 stores. They know I'm here, and thats the best thing to do if you want to keep your job.

GOOD!!! Couldnt stand CC, every single stinkin rep in there was paid by commission..Nothing pisses me off more than walking into a store and having 6 roaches begging you for a sale.

Best Buys is where its at, I can browse all I want, and when I go to purchase I have to go looking fora salesman.

I'm the opposite, Crav.

I used to tell the CC reps to bug off... but it never bothered me. So what if they are on commission? As long as you know it and don't let them get you...

...but Best Buy is not the place for me. Something always rubbed me the wrong way. Deals were never that good. Prices were crazy high on lots of things. Still are. I just have never been a BB fan.

Might have to go take advantage of CC's sales, though...

Newegg.com is my place, now. It was Circuit City, simply because I can't stand the mob mentality that surrounds Best Buy. The place is just too much like Walmart.

Circuit City (at least the one here on Pulaski Hwy.) was pretty small in comparison, and enjoyably so. I always preferred it.

Oh well.

I liked both stores and liked having the option. I do think the Best Buys in this area were better organized and better staffed than the Circuit Citys are.

(check that - maybe not, I was just reminded how terrible the BB has been a few times in Golden Ring)

The Golden Ring Best Buy is tiny in comparison to most, especially considering that the White Marsh store up the street is one of the largest and best-selling in the country.

Yeah its small but I am OK with that. The few times I have been there its been really disorganized and messy.

Of course they would go out of business when I find my gift card. I went to there website which no longer has a store locator drove 15 miles to close Circuit City and it was no longer there. Apparently they closed some of them. Wouldn't care but, I found a $15 Giftcard lol.

They closed a few a month or so ago because of lack of business (not counting the Towson/Timonium one which simply moved).

Don't know where you are, but the one in Towson is now in the Towson Marketplace (where the Wal-Mart ugh and Target and all are).

Yeah, Bel-Air is still there..First day, it was 30% off everything..Not that much of a bargain if you ask me, considering they always run specials on TV's around the Super Bowl.

My concern is, if you buy something from CC is the MFGR warranty going to be good? My dish got hit by lightening a few years ago, and thank god I purchased a 5yr in home warranty, alot of things got fried, the dish, the PC, the TV, my septic pump..

Yeah, Bel-Air is still there..First day, it was 30% off everything..Not that much of a bargain if you ask me, considering they always run specials on TV's around the Super Bowl.

My concern is, if you buy something from CC is the MFGR warranty going to be good? My dish got hit by lightening a few years ago, and thank god I purchased a 5yr in home warranty, alot of things got fried, the dish, the PC, the TV, my septic pump..

Anything through the manufacturer is still good. Anything through Circuit City isn't though, because you're buying from liquidators now instead of the company itself.

They explain everything on the store's website.