ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Ray Lewis

reddog271

Cowboys interested in Ravens' Lewis?

Word around the NFL is that the Dallas Cowboys are very interested in obtaining Ravens inside linebacker Ray Lewis if he becomes a free agent. The speculation is that the Cowboys are willing to give Lewis a three-year deal worth between $27 and $30 million, with $25 million guaranteed.

Dallas owner Jerry Jones believes his team is in the serious hunt for a Super Bowl title next season, and that Lewis could help solve some of the team's problems inside the locker room.

The Ravens are expected to begin negotiations with Lewis, who is in the last year of his contract, as soon as the season is over.

http://weblogs.baltimoresun.com/sports/rav...ay_lewis_2.html

This is stemming from speculation by Gil Brandt on Sirius Radio when he was asked, in his opinion, who could be a potential suitor for Ray Lewis. I heard the segment, PFW took the speculation word-for-word and posted it as a rumor. I would not be surprised if this rumor gives Jerry Jones the idea to go after Ray Lewis though.

Why wouldn't they resign him. Ray Lewis is the baltimore Ravens and even if he isn't on the field he still has an effect on the players. Besides no one else could lead this team like he can I say sign him and let him play here till his legs fall off.

I bet any team in the league would snatch him up if they had the chance I don't care who their starting MLB is. Ray has done more, knows more, will do more than anyone of em. FACT

Congrats on a great season.

Forget this Lewis thing. If the Ravens want him, they won't lose him. Lewis won't be stupid and go to the mess that is the Dallas Cowboys when he finally has a QB that can lead the team. The Ravens just made it to the conference championship; Dallas couldn't even make the playoffs. And Lewis ain't getting any younger. His best chance at another ring is where he is.

But if the Ravens don't want him, then you've got a problem. But that won't happen.

See you next year.

I think they will find a way to keep Ray and I don't want him to ever leave, but remember...

The Ravens went from 5-11 to 13 wins without Ogden and 19 guys on IR....meaning the team will survive and move on.

The Ravens need his laid back, calm influence...:)

43661638.jpg

Edited by vmax

I love the off-season! Now they are talking about if there is enough money to sign him! :lol:

-- Jets Can't Afford Both Favre & Lewis --

Wed Jan 21, 2009 --from FFMastermind.com

The New York Daily News reports QB Brett Favre's future with the Jets is uncertain, and LB Ray Lewis, whom Jets HC Rex Ryan coached for 10 years with the Ravens, is eligible to become an unrestricted free agent in March. The Jets are $10 million over the projected 2009 salary cap (that includes Favre's $13 million salary), so it's unlikely they would be able to afford both.

The Ravens need his laid back, calm influence...:)

:)

Also I don't think Ray is stupid. I think he knows his long term future is in Baltimore. I would think he would want to stay in a town where he is more of a "big fish in a small pond" rather than a place like say New York where there are a lot of sports heads clogging for attention. Ray likes a stage. Baltimore is that stage. We love him. Rest of the country hates him. For a couple million he may get elsewhere, he will get more from this city if he sold his poop in a jar after he retires.

Might as well start some new unfounded rumors...:)

A league source reports the Cincinatti Bengals are prepared to aggressively seek to land Ray Lewis to turn around an ailing defense and reunite him with his mentor Marvin Lewis. It's no secrect the close relationship the two share....

Cmon...................there's no freakin way Ray would walk into that mess. No offense JT and the others that I respect on this board......but veterans usually seek to go to teams that will definitely be contenders. And while the Bengals do have talent......there's no way one could say they're definitely contenders.