ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Helluva Season

varaven45

I am extremely proud of this team and organization. I have got nothing but admiration for this team and Coach

Harbaugh. After 5-11 last season if you have told me we'd be in the AFC Championship game, I would have said you were nuts !

The future certainly looks great.

GO RAVENS!!!!

... After 5-11 last season if you have told me we'd be in the AFC Championship game, I would have said you were nuts !

I never thought they would be so good and get so far....19 weeks of football guys. Great season and I love this team.

Thank You Baltimore Ravens.

Guest BallTMore

Love this team so much. That was a fun, fun season!

Props the the Steelers. They were the better team this season. Can't hate our guys for losing the them.

Props to FRANK WALKER. I was very impressed with him. He played a very good game, and I never thought I'd worry about him not being on the field. Good, tough performance.

Willis also had a very good game. His blitz pickups were amazing. Get well Willis! No questioning his heart.

Love this team so much. That was a fun, fun season!

Props the the Steelers. They were the better team this season. Can't hate our guys for losing the them.

Props to FRANK WALKER. I was very impressed with him. He played a very good game, and I never thought I'd worry about him not being on the field. Good, tough performance.

Willis also had a very good game. His blitz pickups were amazing. Get well Willis! No questioning his heart.

Walker definitely suprised me. McGahee's blocking was fantastic, though his running generally sucked. I was very disappointed that Rice and McClain didn't have bigger parts in the run game.

Walker definitely suprised me. McGahee's blocking was fantastic, though his running generally sucked. I was very disappointed that Rice and McClain didn't have bigger parts in the run game.

Willis running was alot bettter than fast willies. I thought he was running well, I'm not too convinced on Ray rice as a rb. He seems to be just a 3rd down back.

What are we agreeing on?

Someone watches a player make one bad play and then to them they suck all season long.

Like yesterday when max seen that Rolle wasn't going to play and that Walker was going to be out there, right away "Walker gave up the big plays the last time we were here against the Steelers."

Someone watches a player make one bad play and then to them they suck all season long.

Like yesterday when max seen that Rolle wasn't going to play and that Walker was going to be out there, right away "Walker gave up the big plays the last time we were here against the Steelers."

I agree as well. I thought Walker played admirably this season. In my opinion he is a solid #3 corner and a reliable spot starter. He certainly more than deserves his spot on this team. I still believe we need to get another starting quality corner, but that is not a belittlement to Walker, it is just that we need more able bodies to match up with passing teams.

How did this turn into a Frank Walker thread?

He's one of so many Ravens who stepped up, filled a starting spot and did well. Bannon, Leonard, McClain, Washington, Gaither, Chester, Flacco. Rice...hats off to all of them.

Somewhere, maybe during the OTA's...character and chemistry took over and the 2007 roster turned into a 2008 TEAM.

What a great ride.

How did this turn into a Frank Walker thread?

He's one of so many Ravens who stepped up, filled a starting spot and did well. Bannon, Leonard, McClain, Washington, Gaither, Chester, Flacco. Rice...hats off to all of them.

Somewhere, maybe during the OTA's...character and chemistry took over and the 2007 roster turned into a 2008 TEAM.

What a great ride.

What do you think about our prospects for next year max, and what needs to be done?

I expected a 4-12 season. After some of the injuries the Ravens had I may have even toned down those expectations. But with a rookie QB and rookie coach this team found a way to win 13 games. Thats kind of amazing, this team has some serious weaknesses but they kept fighting all the way to the AFC championship.

What do you think about our prospects for next year max, and what needs to be done?

That's a loaded question that I've been putting off for the off season.

The Ravens will have a 20-25% turnover on their roster.

Maybe lose 3 significant coaches plus Kokinis.

On paper the schedule looks easier, but you know how that goes. Teams rise and fall rapidly, so strength of schedule is deceiving.

Will Flacco pull a Derick Anderson? Have a sophmore slump? Will he continue to improve, as he has all season, so defenses don't "figure him out".

There are a ton of other areas to look at.

Right now the Ravens have evolved to a playoff caliber team and should stay that way for 2009. They have grown tremendously over 19 games. The 2009 core knows how to win on the road, find ways to win, defeat playoff caliber teams and overcome adversity.

The character and chemistry is there.

Now....build on that...enhance that, and this team will come through these changes in great shape for another run.

Our cornerstone is so young. I love that.

Just imagine what happens when we add younger corners and a legit deep threat to the passing game. The future's so bright we've gotta wear shades. B)

Does that mean I will have to wear my sunglasses at night?