ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Ravens to begin talks with Flacco

cravnravn

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you ask me, the FO is very smart with this move, Tag Rice work on Joe..Because, say by fortune we won the SB next season and Flacco is an FA, his agent throws at Steve 5 straight trips to the playoffs, 3 AFCCG and a SB ring...Thats definately worth Manning Money..

This way, the FO is saving money, last years Tag for a RB was worth 10 mil this year its 7.1 mil, so right there the Ravens saved, just wishing there was some how a way to fit Grubbs into the fold..Just looking ahead, Birk has to retire we lose Grubbs theres 2/5ths of the O-Line lost.

If you ask me, the FO is very smart with this move, Tag Rice work on Joe..Because, say by fortune we won the SB next season and Flacco is an FA, his agent throws at Steve 5 straight trips to the playoffs, 3 AFCCG and a SB ring...Thats definately worth Manning Money..

This way, the FO is saving money, last years Tag for a RB was worth 10 mil this year its 7.1 mil, so right there the Ravens saved, just wishing there was some how a way to fit Grubbs into the fold..Just looking ahead, Birk has to retire we lose Grubbs theres 2/5ths of the O-Line lost.

If we're worried about Joe winning the Super Bowl... I'd say that's the kind of problem you're happy with at that point.

I wouldn't even go that high. I say he's somewhere around the 13-16 range. I just threw together a quick list of how I perceive the top quarterbacks in the NFL... and I included Peyton Manning and Jay Cutler. These were my top 15... didn't put a TON of thought into the order, but it's a good model.

1 Aaron Rodgers 2 Tom Brady 3 Peyton Manning 4 Eli Manning 5 Ben Roethlisberger 6 Drew Brees 7 Philip Rivers 8 Tony Romo 9 Matthew Stafford 10 Jay Cutler 11 Matt Ryan 12 Michael Vick 13 Joe Flacco 14 Cam Newton 15 Carson Palmer

Spear your list blows, especially the bottom tier,Flacco is better than Vick, RYAN, Cutler, Stafford & Romo.

Pops,you got to pay him, he hasnt shown any indication of "falling apart" in his first four years..Every player gets a mulligan year, and this past season we could make a ton of excuses for Joe starting with him losing his security blankets in Mason & Heap, no OTA's, Veteran receiver getting hurt for 7 weeks on the first play of the season..

This year will be different with Joe,cant wait to see the bond between he and Torrey.

Edited by cravnravn

Spear your list blows, especially the bottom tier,Flacco is better than Vick, RYAN, Cutler, Stafford & Romo.

Ryan MAYBE, but not definitely... Stafford is definitely better, if he could stay healthy... Romo and Vick are in a tier above Flacco altogether... Cutler is a baby, but he's better than Flacco.

Like I said above - the list isn't in a very definitive order, but I'd definitely take any of those guys above Flacco if I were starting a team from scratch and the guys were all in their prime.

Flacco is promising, but he's not a top-tier QB. And before the AFCC game, this wouldn't even be a question. But he did have a great game (against the worst pass-defense in AFCC history, with receivers covering Anquan Boldin and practice-squad players covering Lee Evans). But he did play a pretty good game.

Joe's definitely another level above Vick, Romo, Cutler and Stafford.

Here's what the top 7 get paid....

Tom Brady, New England Patriots (5 years/$78.5 million/$48.5 million guaranteed)

Peyton Manning, Indianapolis Colts (5 years/$78.5 million/$48.5 million guaranteed)

Drew Brees, New Orleans Saints (5 years/$90 million/$20 million guaranteed

Aaron Rodgers, Green Bay Packers (6 years/$65 million/$20 million guaranteed)

Ben Roethlisberger, Pittsburgh Steelers (7 years/$98.2 million/$38.5 million guaranteed)

Philip Rivers, San Diego Chargers (7 years/$98.2 million/$38.5 million guaranteed)

Michael Vick, Philadelphia Eagles (5 years/ $80 million/ $32.5 million guaranteed)

Eli Manning, New York Giants (7 years/$106. million/$35 million guaranteed)

http://blogs.baltimoreravens.com/2012/02/16/late-for-work-216-agent-wins-make-flacco-a-top-5-qb/

Joe should get around 80-90 mill when all's said and done depending on the amount of years he signs for. Hopefully it's for at least 6 years. I'd estimate the total value to be around $86 mill or apx $14.3 mil a year. Give him a $100 mil if he signs for 7 years with about $38 mill guaranteed. That may sound like a lot, but it will be a bargan in years 5-7. That should keep his agent happy too...not many agents can say they got a $100 mill contract.

Here's what his agent says...

When Joe Linta, the agent for quarterback Joe Flacco, meets with the Ravens next week at the combine, the two sides aren’t expected to exchange salary figures.

16_LFW_Flacco_news.jpg

When that time does come, Linta may have provided some insight on what he thinks can be a good starting point – with the league’s elite.

“If the game is about wins and losses, he has to be in the top five [quarterbacks],” Linta told The Baltimore Sun. “He is a player who has been extremely durable, never missed a game. And he’s done something that no one has ever done. In his four years in the league, he has never missed a game and has more wins (44) than any other quarterback.”

http://blogs.baltimoreravens.com/2012/02/16/late-for-work-216-agent-wins-make-flacco-a-top-5-qb/

Joe's going to cash in big....and he should.

He's an integral part of the Ravens winning formula.

He executes his role well. He doesn't choke, avoids the costly turnover, doesn't force the ball in panic. His character is great. He's not a baby. He not a playboy. He keeps his mouth shut when things are not going well. Doesn't make excuses. He's focused on work. He has fire in him but he controls that....he's cool.His team mates have total faith and belief in him. He's their Quarterback and they will stand up for him passionately [aka Suggs, Ray Lewis, Ray Rice, Mason, his line, his coaches, ect]. He's physically durable as hell. He has the perfect height and arm strength and accuracy to go with that.

Importantly....Joe wants to be here.

And Yes!....he wins.

You don't get cheap with an opportunity and proven commody like this. They are rare.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/02/17/to-get-top-five-money-flacco-may-have-to-win-super-bowl-in-2012/

In other words, Flacco probably needs to win the Super Bowl, and perhaps the Super Bowl MVP trophy. That would give him the leverage he needs to be paid like a top-five quarterback. Something less than that could get him the franchise tag, which is calculated by averaging the cap numbers of the five highest-paid quarterbacks.

http://video.nbcsports.msnbc.com/nbc-sports/46416287#46416287

I didnt even look at this when I made my list, but check out espn's new total qbr season ranking.

Flacco was #15. The top 5? Rodgers Brees Brady Romo Ryan.

And this takes into account crucial plays, fumbles (joe had 11), and rushing.

I don't care what ESPN's qbr says. Looking at your ranking I'd have Flacco at number 8. And I'm still not sure Eli is better than him.

I love to look at numbers too, but they only tell part of the story.

Romo is a decent QB but I'd take Flacco over him. Mexico's team under Romo were 8-8 last year. 6-10 the year before.