ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Ed Reed sends message to Ravens

papasmurfbell

Three words...

Fuck. Ed. Reed.

Never thought Id say it, but that's how I feel. He may be a standup guy off the field and a leader on sundays, but every other day he is a team cancer. He's either bashing Flacco in the playoffs or crying about money or talking about retirement. He's getting 7 million dollars to play this season, he's old, he's a hit away from paralysis and he wont show up for practice. Good riddance. Thanks for the memories but sounds like an opportunity for Christian Thompson to step up and take his spot.

• Upvote 1

Ever said something you didn't mean? Ever let your emotions get the better of ya? I think Ed isn't a bad guy, I just think he gets a little emotional. That's probably his game and pride coming out whatever. I wouldn't put Ed in the "cancer" catergory with the Ocho's, TO's, and Porters just yet.

It's frustrating yes, but you can't blame a guy for attempting to posture for a better pay day. I'd fault him if he didn't show up to play.

Maybe I have a sentimental spot for him.

People also have to remember that he doesn't have an agent (unless I'm mistaken). He's not quite being told when and where to shut up. I don't really blame him for any of it, but I also take it with a grain of salt. Fabricated drama is no fun.

Agreed. I just don't think it's a problem until Reed doesn't report and perform. So far he's always reported and he's always performed.

Ed Reed will be on the Fan with Younes tonight at 7:30. Always an interesting listen. I wonder what crazy things he will say tonight?

Unis will put all the words in Ed's mouth. He will spit out words so fast that it will be impossible for Ed to speak. When Unis pauses, it will be impossible for Ed to answer the 586 statements that Unis made in a minute 40 seconds.

He will tell Ed how Ed feels and tell Ed that he is thinking such and such. Ed won't have a chance to say anything other than "Ditto".

Unis will never notice that Ed tried to say anything.

Reading what I could from it...Ed is using the only method there is to get a new contract by threatening to hold out or to actually now show up in camp. Everybody does that. It's all they can do.

I also think he's obsessed with playing and being the all time greatest safety with the INT record. So Ed will pla,y but when he shows up is anybodies guess.

Reed has really begun to piss me off. He isn't acting like a team player at this point. He's signed to a contract and should just fulfill it. You mean 7.2 million isn't enough for a safety at his age? C'mon.

More posturing, who gives a hoot lol. If Ed is gonna stay home, he's gonna stay home, we have a deep roster. He's posturing, nothing new. He'll be at work when we need him or we'll move on without him. Let's not give him another thought until he starts making plays on the field.

Thats great that he puts kids first, so many atheletes today take, take , take from a team and give nothing back to the community..A

What did we just have 3 NFL players arrested in a 72 hr span, maybe NFL Teams should start training camp July 1?

When its all said and done, come July 26th, Ed Reed will be in Owings Mills Md, game face and shells on!!

Thats great that he puts kids first, so many atheletes today take, take , take from a team and give nothing back to the community..A What did we just have 3 NFL players arrested in a 72 hr span, maybe NFL Teams should start training camp July 1? When its all said and done, come July 26th, Ed Reed will be in Owings Mills Md, game face and shells on!!

And even if he's out for longer, with a Vet like Reed, I think we can afford him the time. If Favre can miss all of Training Camp for a completely different team, I'm sure Reed will be just fine.

I'm just not worried here, maybe I'm being naive, but I really don't think Ed is something to worry about. He's a professional, and if he's hanging em up. So be it, he's earned it.

Make no mistake, the deep thinker still has much on his mind, and things to contemplate, as he revealed during a rare exclusive sit-down interview after the campers had departed, but those who know Reed best are confident that he will be back in the purple and black on Sundays this season. I can't imagine any absence of more than a few days at most.

"Everyone is talking about a holdout," said one of Reed's close family members. "Ed isn't going to hold out. He told me he isn't going to hold out. He speaks his mind about some things, gets some things off his chest, but he's never said he is going to hold out. He'll show up when he has to be there and he'll play out his contract."

http://www.cbssports...not-holding-out

BTW, this is a great article

Edited by cravnravn