ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Ed Reed sends message to Ravens

papasmurfbell

I like Ed and have no problem with him or any other player holding out. If a team does not think a player is worth it they can end the contract at any time so I have no problem if the player does the same thing. Its no worse than when the team does it.

Its not like 20 years ago when players and teams actually had intentions of honoring the contracts and a player held out.

I really honestly feel like it was just him being honest and saying honest things at the time he was asked. And without the filter of an agent or of youth and looking not to displease anyone, it comes across like he's just being a dick and going back and forth about it.

I'm not saying that that isn't the case, but I don't personally feel that it is. I don't think he's doing any more than saying what he honestly feels and letting that take him where it may. He's going about it entirely the wrong way, but people do much worse things than speak out of turn. I don't really fault him, much less have any problem with it.

I really honestly feel like it was just him being honest and saying honest things at the time he was asked. And without the filter of an agent or of youth and looking not to displease anyone, it comes across like he's just being a dick and going back and forth about it. I'm not saying that that isn't the case, but I don't personally feel that it is. I don't think he's doing any more than saying what he honestly feels and letting that take him where it may. He's going about it entirely the wrong way, but people do much worse things than speak out of turn. I don't really fault him, much less have any problem with it.

Well said. I can thing of much worse things than a guy saying he loves to be spending time with his family. Like Crav said earlier, that's awesome. Wish more guys felt that way.

If it's posturing, then so be it, I think Ed has earned the right to give it go. I don't see him sitting out however, he has several million reasons to play.