ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

8-8 for Steelers

vmax

Seems about right...

Head coach Mike Tomlin is a Super Bowl-winning coach, so he is rarely questioned on his decision-making ability. But the loss of offensive coordinator Bruce Arians will have a bigger impact on the team than fans realize.

Wide receiver Mike Wallace is holding out, running back Rashard Mendenhall is hurting, Hines Ward has retired and the offensive line is in shambles.

Quarterback Ben Roethlisberger stands in the pocket and delivers better than anyone in the NFL, but even he is upset at the loss of Arians and will struggle in 2012.

The defense is not getting any younger, and stalwarts like James Harrison and Casey Hampton have been injuries all offseason. Safety Troy Polamalu has a history of concussions, and inside linebacker Larry Foote is going on year 11.

2012 record prediction: 8-8

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1296531-2012-nfl-predictions-16-game-record-for-all-16-afc-teams#/articles/1296531-2012-nfl-predictions-16-game-record-for-all-16-afc-teams/page/9

I think more important is Arians being fired. The team was built for his wide open offense. Now they want 3 yds and a cloud of dust. But the problem is they have smaller RB's and a heavy on WR's. They have also had a weak OL for a while and are rebuilding it. That takes time.

As for Hines he hasn't beenthat guy for about 2 yrs. It has been the young guys lately.

Um redman is not small and this line is better the last years already. Adams is back and starks back. Come on crave lets hear how adams is a bust becuase he let up 2.5 sacks his first preseaon game up against a formation he had never seen before. Also what helps the run game is the fact that you cant put eight in the box. I loved the quick strike pick up 5 yards on a pass and put up a 16 and ten play drives. Also who said the steelers are looking for 3 yards and a cloud of dust becuase that is not haleys style either. Haley has no set gameplan and goes game to game and adjusts in ga,e something arians never did. And losing ward does nothing on the field losing his leadership hurts but i would take sanders over him anyday of the week on the field at this moment

Adams will be worn out when it comes time to face your big brother..And if Philly confused him, what the hell do you think the Ravens D is going to do to him..

Decastro, Adams and oft injured Pouncey will be Bens demise, and when he gets hurt, then what

Um redman is not small and this line is better the last years already. Adams is back and starks back. Come on crave lets hear how adams is a bust becuase he let up 2.5 sacks his first preseaon game up against a formation he had never seen before. Also what helps the run game is the fact that you cant put eight in the box. I loved the quick strike pick up 5 yards on a pass and put up a 16 and ten play drives. Also who said the steelers are looking for 3 yards and a cloud of dust becuase that is not haleys style either. Haley has no set gameplan and goes game to game and adjusts in ga,e something arians never did. And losing ward does nothing on the field losing his leadership hurts but i would take sanders over him anyday of the week on the field at this moment o and hampton and mendy were activated today

Adams will be worn out when it comes time to face your big brother..And if Philly confused him, what the hell do you think the Ravens D is going to do to him..

Decastro, Adams and oft injured Pouncey will be Bens demise, and when he gets hurt, then what

who the hell is our big brother you win the afcn once every five years and you are the big brother pr you have lost more in the total rivalrybut your the big brother only in baltimore does that make sense. He will see a 3-4 everyday and has for the last few years at ohio state. The 9 wide is a whole different animal and if you have never seen it it can mess with you. Also his tech on the one was perfect lefty dropped to deep. Also redman is 235 pounds he is a pounder plus dwyer plus we just got mendy back and big snack as well. With mendy red dwyer and rainey we have a lot of options in the backfield. I also think you will still see the steelers throw it 55% or more as an offense

Damn just looked. He is 230. He doesn't look it on TV. He looks at least 15 pounds lighter.

The OL in time will be good but for season 1 I am not seeing it.

yeah red is a pounder he would have been a lot better known if he didnt get arrested in high school. I remember reading an article about him last year where the browns players were argueing over who was going to tackle him becuase hes solid rock and delivers a thud every time but im interested in seeing what happens now with mendy back. Should be a nice three back set with him red and rainey and dwyer in a reserve role though i would like to see them try him at fb

Tests reveal hip injury for Steelers' Redman

The injury news on running backs continues for the Steelers this afternoon. Tests on Isaac Redman revealed a hip injury that will not require surgery but will prevent him from playing Sunday against the Colts, according to ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter. Redman could return to practice as early as next week.

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcnorth/post/_/id/52887/tests-reveal-hip-injury-for-steelers-redman

Ruuuuuuuut Roooooooohhhh

Seems like what can go wrong for the Steelers, does go wrong. And yes, preseason does not count but still, leads up to what could happen in the regular season.

• 2 weeks later...

The injury hurts but is doesnt kill the steelers. They have the same line as last year only with a huge upgrade at lg with colon. The steelers have had a horrible line for all three super bowls and the entire time we have put together the second longest winning seasons streak. as long as we dont have 25 different combos like last year we will be alright