ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Time for Postseason

varaven45

Other Than Chris Davis mammoth shot last night, our bats fell asleep in Tampa. Glad we got the hell out of there !

Maybe a change of scenery - Texas ?- will do us some good.

At any rate, its been ONE helluva season for Buck and the O's. 90 + wins and post season action for 1st time in 15 years.

Go Os !

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its been a ton of fun and given me something to pay attention to all summer. I am really happy with the team.

I'd love for at least one more win, then it would be an actual series and it would truly feel like the playoffs.

The pucker factor has to be high for Orioles fans right about now. A one game, loser goes home situation is far from comforting.

It all comes down to Texas. Who do we start? I actually think a one game series against Texas favors us. Our bullpen got us to this point, and this is a one game take all. Start Steve Johnson, get him through four, five innings max, then hand it off to our stellar bullpen.

As it turns out, the extra wild card is essentially pointless. We have the same record as Texas. Even last year the same thing would happen, we would play Texas in a one game tie-breaker.

The pucker factor has to be high for Orioles fans right about now. A one game, loser goes home situation is far from comforting.

Well the whole season has been a surprise so its not like any of this was expected. So I am going to be happy, on the whole, no matter what happens Friday. I just do not like the one game play off. Baseball and baseball playoffs is all about a series to me, this just doesn't feel like the playoffs to me.

Gonzo started too recently. It'll be Johnson, but I agree, they will hand off to the bullpen quickly and pull out all the stops.

I actually think starting Dylan Bundy would be an awesome move. There's no real scouting report on him, none of the hitters have ever seen him. If he fails in the first or second, you can pull him - but I bet he could go 4-5 too!

Well....tonights the night.

It's been a long time since I've had that "Let's live or die with them" feeling.

Go O's!!!!!

YUP. dont have to drive like Tony Stewart home either to watch the game...Im a tad leery on Saunders getting the nod, they should have approached it like a all star game, Johnson, Matuz, O'day then Johnson to close..

Then Id throw Chen at the Yanks on Sunday

This is crazy....from Schmuck...

Strange vortex: Everybody knows by now that the Orioles turned last year's 69-93 record upside down with their surprising 93-69 regular season finish. That's kind of cool, but did you also notice that after the Orioles knocked the Red Sox out of the playoffs with their 69th win last year, they doomed the Sox to finish this season with an identical 69-93 record. Cue the Twilight Zone theme.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/schmuck-blog/bal-grand-slam-100512-pg,0,3447060.photogallery

tzone1.jpg

Classic Orioles win. Saunders was strong...kept it close...bull pen shuts the door.

Loved my first Orioles playoff game in 587 years. Damn that was fun!

The look on Bucks face at the end was priceless...he's loving this. He was aggressive and played to win.

Bring on the Stankies!

stanley-04.jpg

Classic Orioles win. Saunders was strong...kept it close...bull pen shuts the door.

Loved my first Orioles playoff game in 587 years. Damn that was fun!

The look on Bucks face at the end was priceless...he's loving this. He was aggressive and played to win.

Bring on the Stankies!

stanley-04.jpg

Fantastic! Now it feels like the playoffs, one game didn't to me. I am so impressed with this team.

Wow I woke up this morning and am still in shock. That win has to be a top 5 Baltimore sports win in the past 10 years. The saying "Orioles Magic" has been thrown around all season but last night was truly magic. Sensational managing by Buck. I don't think took took a breath the whole game. He was on edge the entire time and was masterful playing the matchups. Buck had the guy believing and they brought their A games last night and stepped up on the national stage! There were many outstanding performances last night, I am going to highlight a few:

Matt Wieters: Yes I know he went 0-4 but the guy called an outstanding game behind the plate.

Joe Saunders: Pretty obvious but Joe stepped up big time. He avoided dangerous situations and got out of some tough situations. That Texas lineup is dangerous 1-9 and even the second and third times through Saunders was strong.

Darren O'Day: IMO O'Day was our MVP last night. Against the best teams are trouble innings have been the 7th and 8th. Buck gave him the ball and said you're bridging us to JJ. O'Day doesn't usually go two innings but he toughed it out. Incredible poise getting out of the inning after the missthrow on the pickoff attempt the first.

I cannot wait until Sunday!!! Ravens at 1, O's at 6, this is how life is supposed to be! #BUCKleUp Yankees because we're coming!!!

What would have happened if the Ravens were at home on Sunday?

Massive traffic jamb..City shut down.....Ravens/O's/Baltimore Sports fans hanging out from 9am untill midnight...one friggn'n wild ass party all de doo dahhh day!

This town will be crazy all day tomorrow....sports bars packed....Orange and purple everywhere. Hell....I've been out shopping all morning and you can see and feel the energy everywhere. Men, women and children wearing the colors....stands on street corners selling gear.

This is friggn'n awesome.