ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Time for Postseason

varaven45

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whew. Grey hair, check. No fingernails, check. Win, check!

Chris Davis and Jim Thome are making great cases to sit haha. I hate these extra inning games! So stressful!

Yeah they havent been great. Davis had a big game a couple nights ago. Hopefully one of them steps it up.

Chris Davis and Jim Thome are making great cases to sit haha. I hate these extra inning games! So stressful!

Chris Davis was pissing me off yesterday. He was swinging soo meekly it looked like he couldn't even see the ball. I know he is supposed to have an effortless swing but it looks really bad when he strikes out swining on 3 pitches.

Two great back to back starting pitching performances by Gonzalez and Saunders. I love it.

Then Pedro comes out and I bet everybody was waiting for the O's season to end. It didn't. Good for him...he got the job done.

Good for Johnson to bounce back.

Now I know why this feels like '66 to me. There was great pitching and it was the O's first World series. This feels like our first time in the playoffs because it's been so long. It is the first time for most of these guys.

Great night last night. O's win...Stealers lose.

I'm so happy for the O's. Here we go! Game 5 comming up.

38-t1268059-500.jpg

Good God. Did my Reds fall on their faces or what? :scared:

This really surprised me. I had the Reds as the NL team in the World Series. If the Nats lose to the Cardinals, I want to see the guy that predicted a Cardinals-Giants NLCS. Pretty surprising...

What a win by the O's!!! I cannot wait until 5 PM today! Even if we lose, I am proud of our guys for taking this to five. Lets hope our bats wake up tonight.

And the Steelers lost! What a night!

Just got home.

hehee....

After being pinch hit for in Games 3 and 4 against the Baltimore Orioles, the $275 million third baseman was removed from the starting lineup for Game 5 on Friday.

Eric Chavez is set to start at third base, while Game 3 star Raul Ibanez will be the designated hitter in the winner-take-all series finale.

The 37-year-old Rodriguez is 2 for 16 (.125) with no RBI and nine strikeouts in the series. With runners on second and third and one out in the eighth inning of a 1-1 game Thursday night, he struck out against side-arming right-hander Darren O'Day. Baltimore went on to win 2-1 in 13 innings.

I think it's bombs away tonight. Sabathia throws strikes, so the O's hitters, who have been swining at junk, now have an opportunity to make contact.

Plus...I think they hit Sabathia better than any other Stankees pitcher this year.

Great season. I spent a lot of time 'with' them this season and enjoyed myself immensley.

It was a great season. Both of our teams were not expected to contend for division titles much less make the playoffs.

Let do it again next year!

What a great season, feel bad for my son, but thats why they call it gambling and not winning.

Our big boys turned to pansies..Weits, Thome, Jones, Reynolds, and especially YOU CHRIS DAVIS, you all set a classic example of the definition of CHOKE.

Mannyland and Flaherty, you rookies are special, you are the future.

Heck if it wasnt for Mclouth, we wouldnt have have had this opportunity...

Cant wait to visit the boys during spring training.

Edited by cravnravn

Friggn"n Buck Showalter....he's the greatest. What an incredible job he did in getting this rag-tag outfit to believe in themselves and consisently perform at a high level.

Yea...the O's bats were shut down but so were the Stinkies. It was a great pitching series.

The O's finally have a core of players to build around and they sent out notice to the rest of the league that if you want to have fun and win "be an Oriole".

Max,

Spot on assessment ! We just need an ace pitcher - to match Sabathia or Verlander - and a big right handed stick and well be there. Don't know where or how we are getting these players but its what we need to get us over the top.

Helluva season Buck . Os and all fans . You exceeded any and all my expectations this season . It's been a helluva ride !

On to Ravens ..........

Thome is hardly part of our big four. I think you mean Davis.

Meanwhile, who cares... it happened. Could have been better. But really, had we not blown the game in game 3; we would have won.

Offseason time...

I want James Shields. Period.