ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Time for Postseason

varaven45

Cincinnati takes two on the road in 'Frisco. Back in the Queen City on Tuesday to close this series out. Your O's OTOH are in a hole. It's not too deep yet, but you are playing catch up.

S**t gets deep fast in the playoffs.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is bulls**t. TBS is showing a rain delayed AL game over real baseball!?! The Reds/Giants game should be on over this garbage.

Billy, anytime that happens in the future switch to TNT, Turner owns both, it happened to O's fans on Friday night, the game was slated for 8:30 on TBS but another game was on, thing is just switch to TNT, caus the title on the menu will say a movie is on in that time slot..

That is a tough loss, but CC had his A-game last night. He went 120 pitches and struck out seven. I think five of those strike outs were close looking calls on a full count. CC had complete control of both sides of the plate. Great job by Hammel and the bullpen (sans JJ). They pitched out of some really tough spots.

Tomorrow is not going to be much easier with another lefty in Andy Pettitte. But lets hope Pettitte doesn't have his best stuff like CC had last night.

It's hard to

They'll pound Pettitte tonight.

and...

This is not baseball weather.

Baseball weather on the east coast in October is hard to find.

Finally we are getting that Yankee pitch count up. I cannot help but think that Hardy run will come back to bite us. Hardy definitely would have scored.

O's up 3-1. Question is can your bullpen hold the lead.

First home playoff win in fifteen years. Incredible feeling. This is now a three game series.

Looks like the city of New York had a bad night tonight. The Yankees go down to the Orioles, and the Jets come up short against Texas.

Pardon me if I can't find many tears to shed.

Yea...they played the Yanks better in New York than here.

I went to bed right before Johnson came out in the 9th. A short time later I heard a "Boom!" from downtown...I thought "Fireworks! O's win."

I'm looking at it this way. The O's just won 2 out of 3 playoff games from the Rangers and Yankees.

Now they just need to do the same thing again. I think they can do it, but the bats will have to come alive.

I went to bed right before Johnson came out in the 9th.

YOU DID WHAT?????????

I knew he would close them out and I have to get up at 4 am.

Hey! It's been a long time....a real long time since I watched a baseball game where I "hung on every pitch". That's playoff baseball and I forgot what it was like.

Every stratigic move, substitution, man on base, do you steal? Bunt? Every little thing is monumental in playoff baseball. Great to be watching in that spirit again.

In two starts (in New York), Gonzalez is 2-0 with a 2.63 ERA, allowing four earned runs and 10 hits over 13 2/3 innings. He also has 17 strikeouts and one walk in the Bronx and has held the Yankees to a .196 batting average.

“I like pitching in big games,” Gonzalez said. “That’s what I’ve been doing. I’ve been doing it for the last eight years in Mexico especially. I have a little bit of experience in the playoffs in Mexico, not here in the states, but I think I’m just going to stay within myself and make good pitches and get them out as fast as possible.”

That'swhatI'mtalkingabout!