ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Suggs active, Kindle released

vmax

Ravens linebacker Terrell Suggs has said since he partially tore his Achilles tendon last April that he would return to action sometime between mid-October and early November. While plenty of people scoffed at that proclamation, it looks like his prediction will come true after all.

The Ravens announced Saturday they have moved Suggs to the 53-man roster and have released linebacker Sergio Kindle. And according to CBS Sports' Jason La Canfora, Suggs will play "some role" Sunday against the Texans.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/eye-on-football/20619146/ravens-terrell-suggs-activated-will-play-sunday-vs-texans

I can't believe they'll let him play.

The Ravens are clearing the way for Terrell Suggsicon-article-link.gif to play Sunday against the Houston Texans.

The reigning Defensive Player of the Year was moved to the 53-man roster, making him eligible to play this week. To make room for Suggs, the team cut former second-round pick Sergio Kindleicon-article-link.gif.

Suggs practiced all week after spending the first six weeks of the season on the physically unable to perform list (PUP) following offseason surgery to repair a torn Achilles tendon. If he does play Sunday, he would be returning just five and a half months after having the surgery.

The move to activate Suggs also brings a conclusion to a disappointing three-year tenure for outside linebacker Sergio Kindle. The pass rusher out of Texas was the Ravens’ top draft pick in 2010, but was never able to make much of an impact on the field.

Kindle spent all of his rookie season on injured reserve after suffering a head injury when he fell down the stairs prior to his first training camp. At the time of the injury, doctors wondered whether Kindle would ever be able to play football again.

He did return to the field last season, and was active for only two games. Kindle was active for just one game this year and collected one solo tackle, the only one of his career.

http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/article-1/Terrell-Suggs-Activated-Sergio-Kindle-Cut/98ec777d-bceb-47b8-af9b-9046637bb220

We could sure use someone to step up and surprise us. We could really use a rookie surprise. We haven't had any production from anyone that we haven't expected. We need someone to step up. Maybe the return of Suggs will allow Kruger to get some better looks to get the QB. I can only hope.

Anyone also think that maybe we should go 4 defensive lineman? I'm just not seeing where three is getting it done. I know teams pass more, but I'm thinking cover 2, with our talent may be the better defense to play.

I thought you'd be doing The Bernie crav.... Ravens get to keep your favorite player. I'm surprised no claimed him off waivers (spoken in a sarcastic tone).

stuipd 83 baltimoroncravn is just trying to deel with truths that i deliver

crav is predicting Kindle will have multi sacks this coming week

We could sure use someone to step up and surprise us. We could really use a rookie surprise. We haven't had any production from anyone that we haven't expected. We need someone to step up. Maybe the return of Suggs will allow Kruger to get some better looks to get the QB. I can only hope.

Anyone also think that maybe we should go 4 defensive lineman? I'm just not seeing where three is getting it done. I know teams pass more, but I'm thinking cover 2, with our talent may be the better defense to play.

With the defense as bad as it has been it sure wouldn't hurt to try out the 4-3 defense and cover 2. It appears our CBs are not successful playing man-man with Webb out.

Does any other team still use the 4-3?

With the defense as bad as it has been it sure wouldn't hurt to try out the 4-3 defense and cover 2. It appears our CBs are not successful playing man-man with Webb out.

Does any other team still use the 4-3?

The Bears use alot of 4-3 cover 2. Lovie is very successful at employing that scheme. There's also Fischer's teams, he still likes to use alot of 4-3. Of course Rex uses alot of D-Lineman in his hybrid scheme. And Marvin Lewis still uses it in Cinci.

Indy may still use it, I'm not certain. I just think that we could benfit from a simpler scheme allowing some young D-Lineman to get on the field and go to work. We also could get Suggs, Kruger, and Upshaw on the field at the same time if Suggs or Upshaw play DE. Just some random thoughts.