ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

yahoo's Power Ranking

reddog271

I'd say slightly too high.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=AjEVj3nglvqVtFSOe06kWOZDubYF?slug=ms-32question092209&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

1. Baltimore Ravens: With the punchless Browns coming to town on Sunday, will these guys have shutout fever or what?

2. New Orleans Saints: How blitz-happy will defensive coordinator Gregg Williams be upon his return to Buffalo, and should Trent Edwards(notes) be worried?

3. New York Giants: If Justin Tuck(notes) joins us for Tuesday’s Live Trippin’, will he think I’m actually Flozell Adams(notes)?

4. New York Jets: Yo, Ryan – the next time Bill Belichick gives you one of his patented blow-off postgame handshakes, will you kindly wrap him in a bear hug and hold on for, like, 15 minutes?

5. Atlanta Falcons: Is there any doubt that Tony Gonzalez(notes) is still the league’s best pass-catching tight end?

6. Pittsburgh Steelers: Will Ben Roethlisberger(notes) stay perfect in Ohio on Sunday, or will Carson Palmer(notes) and the Bengals finally stand tall against their division rivals the way they’d hoped to in the ’05 playoffs?

7. Dallas Cowboys: During the next nationally televised spectacle at Cowboys Stadium on Monday, can we please see more of Felix Jones(notes) and less of The Decider?

8. Philadelphia Eagles: Can Michael Vick(notes) play defensive back?

9. New England Patriots: What’s more imbalanced: a bar full of Pats fans after a hard-fought loss to the Jets or Belichick’s offense?

10. Indianapolis Colts: As Pierre Garcon(notes) was racing into the end zone with the winning points Monday night, how many fellow Tarantino fans had a craving for cheap coffee?

Hard to think of too many teams to rank ahead of us though... Giants, Saints (maybe), Jets (doubtful)

I mean, we beat one bad team and one good team (very good team, even, on the road). Most others have either lost a game or are in the same position.

And our offense has looked as consistent and balanced as any... while many are probably wondering when (not if) our defense will get it together. Have to remember that even our record setting defense had some awful days (namely, against the Jags in Baltimore - 34 points was it?)

People are nuts. All week Steeler fans at work have been telling me: "wow, your team looks great man" and i reply "Well...our offense does."

From the regular fan to the so-called "experts", people are so infactuated with offense, that they completely ignore the defensive side of the ball. For years we had a dominating D and average offense and everyone underrated us. Now (granted it's only thru 2 games) we appear to have a dominating O and average D and people can't give the Ravens enough props!

People are nuts. All week Steeler fans at work have been telling me: "wow, your team looks great man" and i reply "Well...our offense does."

From the regular fan to the so-called "experts", people are so infactuated with offense, that they completely ignore the defensive side of the ball. For years we had a dominating D and average offense and everyone underrated us. Now (granted it's only thru 2 games) we appear to have a dominating O and average D and people can't give the Ravens enough props!

The D hasn't been average. The D hasn't been dominate, but they've been solid.