ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Ray Will Get Fined

dc.

Apparently went off for a good bit about bad officiating.

And, oddly, Mike Preston is agreeing with him and saying the officials were horrible. Preston always hates bad officiating talk.

I think a few of the spots were bad (not sure Brady was in the endzone on the first TD). And I think all of the roughing calls (even that one on Flacco) were questionable. Just pansy football. But they didn't cost us the game.

I really think the only call that was absurdly silly was the offensive interference on Mason, following a defensive holding call on a similar pay on Carr.

Oh well... most players kept it shut... Ray went wild. Waiting for video.

Usually I would say I am happy our players are expressing their minds and ultimately saying what all of us feel, but after what Harbaugh did today this is not good. Especially considering the league is in bed with the Pats and we are a team that is attempting to improve our image. By the way, was anyone reading his lips? It was five minutes of straight bombs. The best part was after the defensive holding call you could hear Harbaugh yell on the telicast "HE DIDN'T EVEN TOUCH HIM!"

Actually, I think it was Reed yelling he didn't touch him. And then "We didn't touch him."

Also heard Harbaugh yell, clear as day, "That's a bullshit call"

The flag followed closely. But as much as some would like to think, I'm sure that's not what got him the flag. It's not like the officials know when the camera/mic is nearby.

I didn't mind Harbaugh's penalty too much. I think his attitude is "I will lose my cool... you keep your cool" to the players. And for the most part they did on the field. This off the field? eh.

As I remember back to when the Colts were here in order to beat the patsys you had to overcome the lopsided officiating. They will give you a few penalties usually meaningless to the outcome. And bend you over when it means points for the nFl patsys. Another words they try to mask the BS. I've watched it for years and have come to expect it really at NE. The question is whos paying off the refs the bookies or the nfL. I'm not mad just blatently honest.

Actually, I think it was Reed yelling he didn't touch him. And then "We didn't touch him."

Also heard Harbaugh yell, clear as day, "That's a bullshit call"

The flag followed closely. But as much as some would like to think, I'm sure that's not what got him the flag. It's not like the officials know when the camera/mic is nearby.

I didn't mind Harbaugh's penalty too much. I think his attitude is "I will lose my cool... you keep your cool" to the players. And for the most part they did on the field. This off the field? eh.

What got me the most mad was the offensive pass interference against Mason. Mason caught the pass, got out of bounds, no flag. Belicheck turns to the ref, looks him in the eyes, and makes a pass interference motion. Low and behold, the flag comes out.

Next weeks a new week. I hope the Refs Don't pull a F the Ravens when the refs have been caught and identified. This game may mean that any close calls real or imagined will go against the team in the future. Whistles have a way of doing that to people.

Outside of this game... I agree with your sentiment, dapetes.

The NFL is the only major sport to not have a fully professional officiating staff. In other words, a group of guys who do nothing but ref.

MLB umps and NBA refs might have other jobs in the off-season, but they do nothing but work for their league during the season. Many NFL refs have day-to-day jobs as lawyers, etc midweek.

Lock these guys up and school them.

Bad calls are rampant this year, probably not but it seems that way. Last Monday night, right after half time the Cowboys drove up the field and initially got a touchdown. The it was via replay that the player was down before entering the end zone. When you watched the replay you could see the ref watching the player, making no call then conversing with the other ref then calling it a TD.

Watching the replay, you can tell the player was down at the 2 yard line and the ref, though staring right at him, missed it. There is no excuse for getting a play that wrong.

But it happens all the time.

What got me the most mad was the offensive pass interference against Mason. Mason caught the pass, got out of bounds, no flag. Belicheck turns to the ref, looks him in the eyes, and makes a pass interference motion. Low and behold, the flag comes out.

That one got me really mad as well when I saw the replay. The commentators tried to pass it off that the defender had a right to the space that Mason ran into but that was just complete bulls**t. The defender clearly stepped in front of Mason after Mason made his cut. Mason put his hands up to protect himself from the collision and then bounced off the defender and headed towards the sideline to make the catch. If anything it should have been defensive holding but was called against Mason.

That got really mad. The roughing the passer ones that were called were probably the right call although the one on Ngata was harse. Ngata barely brushed him trying to bat the ball down. What really got me was the roughing the passer calls for Brady yet Flacco was regularly getting drilled after the pass yet nothing was called! Double f**ing standards just pissed me right off.

That said I was proud of the team for nearly winning this game. Despite all the adversity including the bad calls, the injury to Gaither and the turnovers we still had a chance to win this game in the dying seconds.

One final comment. Can we please draft a frigging WR next year? Or trade for a decent one at least? Clayton dropped 2 potential TD passes although difficult, plenty of NFL WRs make those catches and that drop on 4th down is inexcusable. I hope our WR play outside of Mason will not be the cause of our downfall this season.

IMO, There are 3 tiers of QBs: Tom, Peyton, Eli, Brett and Ben. You know them on a first-name basis.

The second tier of QBs include guys like McNabb, Palmer, Flacco, Ryan, Cutler, Rivers, Collins, Rodgers etc.

The third tier of QBs include the scrubs like Russell, Croyle, Quinn/Anderson, Young, etc.

Of the top tier of QBs, Roethlisberger is the only one who is man enough to absorb hits. He never complains about being sacked/hit late. For that, I'm actually quite impressed.

But the other 4 are all caterwauling wussies. When Brady sidestepped a falling-down Suggs (I believe he was pushed form behind, into the vicinity of Brady's knees), then turned to the official and made the "throw the laundry" gesture - GOT A FLAG - and then pumped his fist, I about threw my beer through the TV.

The top tier QBs can do that. And they're usually accompanied by VERY quick whistles.

The second tier QBs will get that every once in a while, but not often.

And if you're a third-tier QB, I hope you have good insurance. You're gonna get blasted all day long.