ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Reed, Ellerbe or Kruger

cravnravn

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

16, 17 mil under the CAP, no reason we cant keep all 3

$18.3 is the lastest figure that I have.

It will take $3 mil to sign the draft picks and $3 mil to sign the RFA's.

Edited by vmax

It will be a whole lot more than 3 mil for teh RFA's.

There is also $3.3 mil in dead cap money for Cundiff and Boldin.

So...$3.3 Dead cap + $3 for draft picks and $4 for RFA's (definately won't be higher) = $10.3.

That leaves about $8 mil...as of this moment.

Edited by vmax

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2013/1/15/3880908/nfl-free-agency-2013-rfa-tender-amounts

n Tuesday, Albert Breer of the NFL Network tweeted out the tender amounts for restricted free agents. According to Breer, a first-round tender would cost a team $2.88 million, a second-round tender would cost $2.02 million and an original-round tender would cost a team $1.33 million.

Dennis Pitta $2.88

Ed Dickson $1.33

Morgan Cox $1.33

Arthur Jones $2.02

I would not tender Harwood or Reed but they might. But I expect them to have at least $7.5 mil in RFA cap hits.

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2013/1/15/3880908/nfl-free-agency-2013-rfa-tender-amounts

Dennis Pitta $2.88

Ed Dickson $1.33

Morgan Cox $1.33

Arthur Jones $2.02

I would not tender Harwood or Reed but they might. But I expect them to have at least $7.5 mil in RFA cap hits.

The have to sign some of these guys to long term deals to get relief.

Reed heading to San Fran??

Posted by Mike Florio on March 11, 2013, 6:41 PM EDT

Getty Images

Receiver Anquan Boldin may not be the only Ravens player who joins the 49ers.

A league source with extensive knowledge of the current safety market believes that the 49ers could land Ravens safety Ed Reed.

As Albert Breer of NFL Network first reported on Twitter (as best we can tell), Reed has indeed hired David Dunn of Athletes First. Now that Reed has an agent, the agent can talk to teams in advance of the start of free agency at 4:00 p.m. ET on Tuesday.

The fact that Reed is in play for the Niners means that Dashon Goldson isnt. Goldson is expected to be the hottest free agent on the safety market. Reed may not be the hottest, but he may be the next big name to join one of the hottest teams in the league.

I hate all these good-byes.

Ray, Burke, Boldin, Cary Williams, Krueger, Reed,...and you know that's not all.

You can't hang on to the old stars forever and this team has to get younger and faster. What time is better than the present?

They just won the Super Bowl and if they draft and develop players well they will be in the hunt quickly.

I hate all these good-byes.

Ray, Burke, Boldin, Cary Williams, Krueger, Reed,...and you know that's not all.

You can't hang on to the old stars forever and this team has to get younger and faster. What time is better than the present?

They just won the Super Bowl and if they draft and develop players well they will be in the hunt quickly.

It is good to stay young. I do think in the long run all the departures will be a good thing.

The Ravens have already used the majority of that newly-created cap space on three restricted free agent tenders adding up to a total of $5.369 million.
So, the Ravens are now roughly $13.293 million under the salary-cap limit of $123 million after the Boldin trade and assigning the restricted tenders.
  • Upvote 1