ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Reed, Ellerbe or Kruger

cravnravn

Who gets the TAG?

With the salary cap set at $123 million for the 2013 season, the NFL and NFLPA have released the franchise tag and transition tag numbers for the coming season.

The deadline for teams to apply these designations to players is 4 p.m. ET on Monday.

Here is a list of the amounts. The first figure is the franchise tag amount. The second figure is the transition tag.

CB $10,854,000, $9,095,000
DE $11,175,000, $9,151,000
DT $8,450,000, $7,039,000
LB $9,619,000, $8,358,000
OL $9,828,000, $8,709,000
P/K $2,977,000, $2,700,000
QB $14,896,000, $13,068,000
RB $8,219,000, $6,970,000
S $6,916,000, $6,002,000
TE $6,066,000, $5,194,000
WR $10,537,000, $8,867,000

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With Joe's new deal, Ozzie might be able to keep all 3....might because there is Boldin, Leach and Dickson to consider.

Kruger is an interesting case. He's a situational player...but the situations are critical. He does generate pressure on the QB and get 13 1/2 sacks. He did it well last season and was a difference maker in the playoffs. So...he's not an every down guy.

Certainly there are teams out there who will want to over pay. We've seen this happen.

Here's why Ozzie might do a full court press: They have nobody else besides Suggs who can pressure the QB and they spent a lot of time developing Kruger. He knows his role in this defense and plays it well. If the money is close then he'll stay. If not, then he's certainly gone because this is his one last shot to cash in.

If Suggs comes back healthy and in shape, then it would be a tuff tandum for offensive lines to block. This would be a good beginning towards rebuilding the D.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/03/04/ed-reed-hasnt-heard-from-ravens-cant-imagine-playing-elsewhere/

Ed Reed hasn’t heard from Ravens, can’t see himself elsewhere

Now that Joe Flacco’s contract is done, the Ravens are free to start talking to other free agents they would like to keep around for a Super Bowl defense.

Safety Ed Reed might be on that list, but the team hasn’t reached him yet. Reed told the NFL Network Monday that he’s yet to hear from the Ravens about a contract for the 2013 season, but said that he hopes they call soon because he’d like to remain in Baltimore.

“I haven’t spoken to anyone. Hopefully that call comes soon,” Reed said. “I’m a Raven. I plan on being a Raven. I couldn’t see me anywhere else right now.”

Reed might not be able to envision himself in another uniform, but he didn’t sound totally closed off to the possibility that he’ll continue his career with another team. He said he thinks he should be paid a salary based on both what he’s done in the past and his current ability, a nebulous price that could push him out of the range that the Ravens are willing to pay. If that happens, Reed said he’ll “adapt” and move along.

Reed should have other suitors, so that plain to remain a Raven may need to be revisited at some point in the next few weeks.

Ellerbe is probably their top target because he's probably gonna be cheaper than Kruger.

I have a feeling Krugs is gone as is Ed.

They'll keep Boldin (probably restructure). If Vonta won't take a cut they'll probably cut him.

We'll see how many rabbits Oz can pull out of the hat.

Unbelievable that he attained just a $7mil cap hit for 2013 with Joe!

30 mil dollar Cap hit tied up with 3 players, I know Oz said he wouldnt restructure, to keep the team intact, but in our case he should restructure..And Webb, I dont know, this is 2 serious knee injuries, not so sure if that warrants a 5+ mil dollar salary.

Why in the hell is Cundiffed counting as 1.8 mil against our cap, I wouldnt pay him, what jury would rule in his favor, the proof is in the kick..

Because he was cut after June 1 last yr. He has already been paid but half of the rest of the SB counts to this yr.

30 mil dollar Cap hit tied up with 3 players, I know Oz said he wouldnt restructure, to keep the team intact, but in our case he should restructure..And Webb, I dont know, this is 2 serious knee injuries, not so sure if that warrants a 5+ mil dollar salary.

The same could have been said about Jamal.

A caller on the radio yesterday said Krueger only had 1.5 sacks before Suggs came back.

He's going to dissapoint some team who signs him for $10 mil a year. He needs somebody that the o line has to respect playing the opposite rushing end to be effective.

Agreed. Kruger played well and finally came into his own this year, but he didn't show any sort of dominance whatsoever. He played as an above-average 3-4 OLB and I think any team paying him big bucks is betting on his continued development, which could very well happen.

A caller on the radio yesterday said Krueger only had 1.5 sacks before Suggs came back.

He's going to dissapoint some team who signs him for $10 mil a year. He needs somebody that the o line has to respect playing the opposite rushing end to be effective.

OH WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!! thats unreal, yes he had 1 sack week 1 vs Cinncy, then a half sack week 7 vs Leaveland..Suggs returns and its lights out for Kruger...Excellent point, Kruger needs a supporting cast, and in Leaveland he will not be getting it..

Buyer Beware..

That is what I have said he is a system guy. I wouldn't even bother offering him a deal.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/03/09/dannell-ellerbes-agent-got-quick-interest-from-others/

Dannell Ellerbe’s agent got quick interest from others

The market might be slower than normal, but the agent for linebacker Dannell Ellerbe said the interest in his client was immediate.

Agent Hadley Engelhard told Jim Corbett of USA Today there were a number of calls last night.

“I’ve had dialogue with teams,” Engelhard said. “There were several. One team in particular called me at 12:01.”

Of course, one of those apparently wasn’t the Ravens, as Engelhard said he hadn’t received an offer from Ellerbe’s own team despite a report they were ready to make a “significant offer” to the linebacker.

“There’s nothing to report right now,” Engelhard said Saturday. “I read that, too.

“I expect things to pick up at the beginning of the week as we approach Tuesday. That’s where we are.”

This weekend seems to be working well for the guys who want to squeeze their own team one last time but don’t really want to leave.

But for Ellerbe, it might be a taste of something bigger to come, especially considering the way the Ravens are trying to squeeze their own.