ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Ngata and The Cap

oldno82

Is it just me or has Ngata been slipping the last 2 years. I know he's had some injury issues. Maybe that's why. But 16 mil in 2014 seems way over what we should be paying a DT.

It's not just you, and I'd rather lose Ngata before Suggs after this season. The guy was DPOY 2 seasons ago.

Suggs isnt going anywhere,This is HIS Team.

You could have said that about a few guys 6 weeks ago.

It's not just you, and I'd rather lose Ngata before Suggs after this season. The guy was DPOY 2 seasons ago.

That was before an achilies and tricept tear. He could be becoming injurty prone. Also he is a talker and Harbs does not abide by that.

I think Suggs is going to be in an Anquan Boldin situation next offseason. With a big cap hit in the last year of his deal, Ozzie will probably offer a pay-cut or release him. This offseason there is an abundance pass rushers in their early-to-mid thirties. Next year is sure to be similar. I do not think Ngata will be restructured or cut next offseason, the savings would not justify the move. But after 2014, Ngata will be in a paycut-or-release situation as well.

Both were terrible last year, but who knows how much was related to injuries, you can't really tell. Problem is we can't cut Haloti after this year, it would result in $15 million in dead money. There really aren't many options with him. You can try and extend him and push the money over more years but either way you're going to have to ask for a huge paycut. We just need to hope Ngata and Suggs come back to their Top 5 player status of 2 years ago.

Both were terrible last year, but who knows how much was related to injuries, you can't really tell. Problem is we can't cut Haloti after this year, it would result in $15 million in dead money. There really aren't many options with him. You can try and extend him and push the money over more years but either way you're going to have to ask for a huge paycut. We just need to hope Ngata and Suggs come back to their Top 5 player status of 2 years ago.

Exactly. When you decide to pay a guy a ton of money and bonus maney at that you are locked in for a long while.

Exactly. When you decide to pay a guy a ton of money and bonus maney at that you are locked in for a long while.

Rare for an Ozzie deal too. He usually does not give high signing bonuses, just front loads the contracts with guarantees giving him flexibility later in the contract. I am not worried about Ngata. A full offseason to rest (no surgery this year hopefully) and returning to the nose tackle with a better surrounding cast and he should be an All-Pro again. With Suggs, we are in a good position with him financially. No way we take his full cap hit next offseason. Ozzie is a pro at this.

That's what I think. At least we can watch them perform and then evaluate after another season.

Rare for an Ozzie deal too. He usually does not give high signing bonuses, just front loads the contracts with guarantees giving him flexibility later in the contract. I am not worried about Ngata. A full offseason to rest (no surgery this year hopefully) and returning to the nose tackle with a better surrounding cast and he should be an All-Pro again. With Suggs, we are in a good position with him financially. No way we take his full cap hit next offseason. Ozzie is a pro at this.

Haloti has been the only one for the most part who has actually been doing anything inside. Maybe not having all the attn on him will allow him to be injury free.