ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Suggs may have torn achilles

No matter how u slice it, kruger, mcadoo, upshaw, kindle, none of these are suggs. Suggs was way more than just a pass rusher, he was a leader, he played the pass excellent in space. He stuffed the run. All we know on these guys is they are one dimensional. Wishing we resigned JJ now.

I think you want to trade any Ravens player who is good.... for what? Unproven draft picks. Get a bunch of bodies hoping they can do something as rare as Suggs does?

No far from it. I was all for signing Webb long term before he was signed. It is pick your spots. Player by player evalutation of who should be kept and let go.

I was listening to Vinny and Rob yesterday. Vinny was reading a study. Most of these happen to people starting at 29. The average recovery was 11 months. The power of a player dramatically dropped afterwards. I emailed for a link to the study but they didn't get back to me.

There's no way Suggs will ever be the same unless there's a new medical procedure out there that we don't know about. Every player that I've ever seen get a major ankle or achilles injury, they're never the same when they return. (I'm talking ligament damage in ankle ala Jamal Lewis and Curt Schilling) They just don't recover to 100% as an ACL will. I'm sure Suggs has the determination to rehab and come back. I'm sure he will still be good, but his dominat days are int he past. I'm hoping for a Suggs that's at least 85%-90%. That's my best case scenario. There's a reason it's called the Achilles.

http://articles.baltimoresun.com/2012-05-03/sports/bal-suggs-could-be-done-for-year-20120503_1_injury-list-ravens-uniform-workouts

However, team officials are hopeful Suggs could return within six months, which would appear to be slightly optimistic. A study done by the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons in 2006 — and first cited by ESPN — established the basic amount of time to return to full activity following Achilles’ surgery is four to six months, but the average return to playing in an NFL game is 11 months. Even then, it takes some players far longer to regain their speed and explosiveness.

This, along with the improvements the Steelers and Bengals made in the draft, may presage the death knell of our team's possibilities to get into the playoffs this year. I'm not optimistic, especially since I don't think we've adequately been able to improve the offense as much as our rivals did to improve their weaknesses.

I hope I'm wrong but we may be entering a 2-year rebuiliding effort. :scared:

Rebuilding?

Rebuilding?

Cmon.....the Bengals are just trying to win a game here! We've got so many proven guys, Flacco, Rice, Boldin, Oher, Yanda, and super thumper Leech. Then on defense, we have Ray, Ed, Ngata, McClain, Webb, Smith, and Williams. Also, here's all the players that I expect that will improve this year, Kruger, McAdoo, Dickson, Pitta, Smith, Doss, and Cody. I also think I'm forgetting a defensive player or two. Kindle could be a major X factor if he's finally recovered. No to mention our #1 pick this year.

Our team is stacked already. They're playing catch-up. There guys still have to prove they can play.

As far as the Steelers go, their defense still has alot of holes. They have some work in front of them.

We're definitely not rebuilding. We're making a run.

Cmon.....the Bengals are just trying to win a game here! We've got so many proven guys, Flacco, Rice, Boldin, Oher, Yanda, and super thumper Leech. Then on defense, we have Ray, Ed, Ngata, McClain, Webb, Smith, and Williams. Also, here's all the players that I expect that will improve this year, Kruger, McAdoo, Dickson, Pitta, Smith, Doss, and Cody. I also think I'm forgetting a defensive player or two. Kindle could be a major X factor if he's finally recovered. No to mention our #1 pick this year.

Aren't the Bengals like 3-4 games over 500 against the Ravens over the last 5 yrs or so. Just because they got sweeped last yr they swept the Ravens a couple iof yrs ago.

Aren't the Bengals like 3-4 games over 500 against the Ravens over the last 5 yrs or so. Just because they got sweeped last yr they swept the Ravens a couple iof yrs ago.

I'm really not interested in what the series record is.....it was light humor....a play off Mora's playoff rant. I realize the Bengals made the playoffs and they're a good team. I'm building up ours and having a little fun while doing it.

What other road have the Ravens ever taken? It's the NFL, all roads are tough, especially in the AFC North. The fact is, the other two teams have potential.....we have proven talent. That's the difference. That's what will propel this team again this year.

What other road have the Ravens ever taken? It's the NFL, all roads are tough, especially in the AFC North. The fact is, the other two teams have potential.....we have proven talent. That's the difference. That's what will propel this team again this year.

That's the AFC North way. Toughest division in all of the NFL

• Upvote 1

Yinz are right there as well what it is is the fact that normally the steelers and ravens dont have to ask their rookies to do much so they must sit and wait their turn which leads a lot of other fans thinking we have nobody in waiting or they arent talented which normally is not the case

I hate all this talk about Suggs returning in November. Even if he does return, he will be nowhere near ready to play.

With the depth we have at OLB now I think it would be far better to just sit Suggs for the year and effectively give him 16 months to get ready for 2013. Let him come back really hungry and ready to go.

I just worry that if he comes back in November it will be too early and he will re-injure himself or never really give himself enough time to fully heal. I also want to give our young guys a chance. Next man up and all that.

Tearing your achilles is an extremely painful injury. Supposedly it's a feeling of your heel slithering up the back of your leg. Grown men are known to roll on the ground screaming in pain after such an injury. The fact that Suggs thought he had originally sprained his ankle and was never on crutches makes me truly believe that it was only a partial tear. I believe the guy, he will be back.

I am sure we will not rush him back. Ed Reed was out a little under half of the season and when he came back he hit the ground running. We will be certain to make sure Suggs is ready to play a full game before putting him on the field. Imagine the motivational boost Suggs is going to provide to the rest of the guys when he comes back. Even if he is a situational pass rusher that will still be an enormous boost. Suggs will be fine.