ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Ravens/Patriots

vmax

They choose not to run because they cannot. This line can't even give Joe time to get to his 2nd read when there is a 3 man rush.

They get no push off the line at all, thus their perennial struggles on 3rd and 4th and one.

They are stuck between a power and finess blocking line because of the many oc's and their way of drafting. Even Stanley is not a power run blocker.

Thus, even when teams drop 8 in coverage, the Ravens still cannot run. They can't do screens, can't run draws.

I will repeat, this is not a playoff team, this is not a team that can go on a run if they get into the playoffs.

The line is terribly inconsistant and the secondary is horrible. Mostly just bad players, but some of it is on the inconsistent rush from the defensive line.

All making the playoffs will do is fool this front office into thinking they are close and cost a higher draft spot.

The Ravens are still in the Hunt and very much alive.

Yes....the Ravens have weaknesses but It's still all about parity in the NFL.

Every team has similar weaknesses.

The Ravens played a very good team with the greatest QB who was on fire....and almost pulled it off.

No shame there.

No. 6 seed —Broncos (8-5): Wild card. Denver still holds this spot over Miami despite the loss at Tennessee because of the common-games tiebreaker. Now comes the hard part: the whole finishing slate is brutal.What's left: vs. NE, at KC, vs. OAK

Who's right behind —Dolphins (8-5), Ravens(7-6), Titans (7-6),Colts (6-7): Baltimore's loss dropped it from third to eighth in the conference. It will be tough for Miami to move up without Ryan Tannehill. Although Tennessee beat Denver, its best path is still beating out Houston in the South. Indianapolis is a longer shot in that division now......http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/nfl-playoff-picture-steelers-back-in-broncos-stay-in-with-ravens-loss/ar-AAlsFfN?li=BBnb7Kz

Now....it's time to take the hurt of this loss out on the final 3 teams they face.

They can do it.

They choose not to run because they cannot. This line can't even give Joe time to get to his 2nd read when there is a 3 man rush.

They get no push off the line at all, thus their perennial struggles on 3rd and 4th and one.

They are stuck between a power and finess blocking line because of the many oc's and their way of drafting. Even Stanley is not a power run blocker.

Thus, even when teams drop 8 in coverage, the Ravens still cannot run. They can't do screens, can't run draws.

I will repeat, this is not a playoff team, this is not a team that can go on a run if they get into the playoffs.

The line is terribly inconsistant and the secondary is horrible. Mostly just bad players, but some of it is on the inconsistent rush from the defensive line.

All making the playoffs will do is fool this front office into thinking they are close and cost a higher draft spot.

I don't agree with your assessment of the running game. Early on it was terrible, yes but I think it's improved since forsett has been cut. Certainly it hasn't been bad enough to completely abandon it in favor of almost eclusively using a passing attack that has had only spotty success.

I don't see them winning out, Max. They'll win just enough games this season to be officially mediocre.

I dont think they will have to win out. If they could win just 2, I think they end up in a tie with Miami for that last spot.

Miami signed a QB so that tells me the starter isn't coming back. @ Jets, @ Bills, vs. Pats.

Not saying they will but I can see them beating the Jets, maybe?

Do not see Denver winning another game. vs. Pats, @ KC, vs, Raiders

Top 3 teams right there. Who wants home field?

Texans and TiTs last game who wins the South

Has anyone heard about jimmy smith's status? They aren't winning shit without him -certainly not the last two games and possibly not even this next game.

They did ok without Smith in the second half.

Tavon Young only surrendered 16 yards...the whole game!

The big pass play TD was on Weddle.

It will be tough from here on out without Smith, but it's not the end of the world.