ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Hang this one on Harbaugh

Tornado700

"The thing that we’re not going to do is overreact," Harbaugh said. "You don’t go in there and make any kind of major adjustments when you know you’re doing things well, and you’ve got the people to do it. We’re a work in progress, no doubt about it."

No, we don't need to overreact, but we need to react. Here are the facts:

• We're 3-3, which means we need to go 7-3 just to win 10 games this season.
  • Our signature win is against a team that is 2-4 and lost 4 straight.
  • We just lost, at home, to a team that without it's best defender and 2 of it's top 5 offensive weapons.
  • The Oline has shown no improvement 6 games into the season.

Stay the course and get ready to lose to Pittsburgh and be 7-9 this season.

• Downvote 1

I liked the decision to go for it on 4th down but not the play call. It wasn't even so much the 4th down play call it was all 4 play calls around the goal line that I didn't like. We have Doss at 6'2, Brown at 6'5, Clark at 6'3, JJ at 6'2, Dickson at 6'4. Could we not spread the D out and at least make them try to defend a jump ball situation. Hell you could even run out of the Shotgun from that formation if the D gives you the right look and Ray is much better at running in space than on a tight goal line formation.

Max said it best about 1st down, you could see the O was going to run and you could almost pick where they were going each time. Every run seemed to be these slow developing stretch plays as well so the D just strung it out and then shot the gaps.

The O-Line didn't play well but the play calling was just as bad. About the only successful play we had on 1st down came on a play action pass play excluding the late hurry up offense that had some success. Speaking of hurry up, what ever happened to using that to get the offense in rhythm? We look so slow out there.

I understand the need to run the ball as we have seen what happens when we throw it every down (see the Bills game). But we need to do a better job designing run plays that work and mixing up play calling on 1st and 2nd down.

By the way is our O-Line coach still drunk at the wheel? It sure seems like we can't figure out who is supposed to block who on a given play?

I liked the decision to go for it on 4th down but not the play call. It wasn't even so much the 4th down play call it was all 4 play calls around the goal line that I didn't like. We have Doss at 6'2, Brown at 6'5, Clark at 6'3, JJ at 6'2, Dickson at 6'4. Could we not spread the D out and at least make them try to defend a jump ball situation. Hell you could even run out of the Shotgun from that formation if the D gives you the right look and Ray is much better at running in space than on a tight goal line formation.

Max said it best about 1st down, you could see the O was going to run and you could almost pick where they were going each time. Every run seemed to be these slow developing stretch plays as well so the D just strung it out and then shot the gaps.

The O-Line didn't play well but the play calling was just as bad. About the only successful play we had on 1st down came on a play action pass play excluding the late hurry up offense that had some success. Speaking of hurry up, what ever happened to using that to get the offense in rhythm? We look so slow out there.

I understand the need to run the ball as we have seen what happens when we throw it every down (see the Bills game). But we need to do a better job designing run plays that work and mixing up play calling on 1st and 2nd down.

By the way is our O-Line coach still drunk at the wheel? It sure seems like we can't figure out who is supposed to block who on a given play?

You must be reading my mind. Play calling has been awful and unimaginative. And the team just looks lethargic...not fired up at all with some exceptions.

Harbs decided to go for it, but it was Caldy who called the plays....

How do you run a midget up the middle on one of the best run D's in the game, when you got a bull dozer named Leach in there.....It ain't Harbs, it's Caldy ....

I'd say fire him but who will replace him, but I would demand him to pull out Cam's playbook to use....His sucks.

Gooo Ravens !!!!

We all agreed that the beginning of the season was going to be a mess even before all of the injuries and things that have happened, yet you guys are still ready to blow the whole thing up!

It's all going to be fine.

Not me, I agree....As a matter of fact ,I think we are right there with just a few things holding us back, but can and will be corrected....

I am looking for a change somewhere in the coaching ranks this week or next, and I think it will be Castillo and or Mueller or whatever his name is....good riddance to both as far I'm concerned....

I don't think anyone is going anywhere and I'm not entirely sure that change needs to happen at all. The issues we have are due to youth and inexperience (as it pertains to being on our team, anyway). That stuff doesn't come magically. We all said that it's going to take time for this team to start working as well together as they have the talent to do...don't we owe them that time?

I don't think anyone is going anywhere and I'm not entirely sure that change needs to happen at all. The issues we have are due to youth and inexperience (as it pertains to being on our team, anyway). That stuff doesn't come magically. We all said that it's going to take time for this team to start working as well together as they have the talent to do...don't we owe them that time?

I think 6 games in is enough time to see who can and who can't as far as the players, and also what works and what don't as far as the coaches....It's definitely decision time at this point, we got 10 more games and can't lose but 3 more if we expect to make the playoffs and I'm sure they do.

I think 6 games in is enough time to see who can and who can't as far as the players, and also what works and what don't as far as the coaches....It's definitely decision time at this point, we got 10 more games and can't lose but 3 more if we expect to make the playoffs and I'm sure they do.

From a fan's perspective, hell yeah six games is enough. But from the standpoint of learning and evaluation, it takes a lot longer than that to be the best you can be. Think about it. Can you learn everything you need to be successful (all the plays, techniques, opponents' tendencies, teammates' tendencies, etc.) in six weeks? Or even ten including preseason? I think it takes time, probably an entire season. You don't know what kind of team you have until the end of the year, so I'm not worried yet.

From a fan's perspective, hell yeah six games is enough. But from the standpoint of learning and evaluation, it takes a lot longer than that to be the best you can be. Think about it. Can you learn everything you need to be successful (all the plays, techniques, opponents' tendencies, teammates' tendencies, etc.) in six weeks? Or even ten including preseason? I think it takes time, probably an entire season. You don't know what kind of team you have until the end of the year, so I'm not worried yet.

Like Ray used to say, it's just football....Terminology , blocking schemes, plays...I've heard several players say, the plays and pretty much the same, with different terminology....I see what you're saying but if a player needs more than six games real time, then he belongs on the PS until he don't....This is a show me now league and that bird just don't fly....