ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Hang this one on Harbaugh

Tornado700

Joe lost this one not harbs

You gotta be kidding me. Joe lost this? 2 td's, no interceptions? And Harbaugh didn't lose it? OK Crave, I'll play your game and prove it.

# 1.) Points are premium in the NFL, especially when you are down just 3-0. On 4th down, after trying 3 times to run it in and failing, you GO for the sure 3 pts. 3 to 0 Pack, instead of 3 to 3.

#2.) End of the first half. Ravens deep in their own territory with 12 seconds to go. TAKE A FREAKIN' knee! BTW, didn't the same thing happen to Flacco and Harbaugh down in MiamI? Didn't Harbaugh say that that was a mistake? So what does the offense do? The same exact thing. The ball is stripped on an identical play, fumbled this time, recovered my Green Bay with 2 seconds left on the clock. A chip shot and the Packers go into halftime with a 6-0 lead, instead of tied at 3 to 3.

Ravens outscored them 17 to 13 in the second half and should have won this 20 to 16. This was all on the coach. I call them like I see them.

I'm not happy with Harbaughs call to go for it on 4th and 1. 3 straight running plays got them what???...2 yards....on a day when it was apparent the O line was getting man handled....punked...?

I said to my brother, "On a day like this where points are at a premium, you take the 3."

Later Joe gets blind sided and fumbles and it's a 3 point gift before the half.

There is one common denominator in this: The O line.

They lost the game.

The D was spectacular. Special Teams played great except for a few poor punts by Koch. We saw Jones, Doss, Brown and Clark make big plays.

We know Rice and Pierce can run....and Joe is damn good.

NOTHING ON 1st and 2nd down. Always 3rd and long. AND LONGER WITH THE PENALTIES.

Sorry about the Caps...I'm pissed off.

I'm going to use Caps one last time here....

THE OFFENSIVE LINE CAN NOT RUN BLOCK OR OPEN A RUNNING LANE AND THEY CAN NOT PASS PROTECT.

Please tell me how that is Flacco's fault or Harbaughs?

I'm not happy with Harbaughs call to go for it on 4th and 1. 3 straight running plays got them what???...2 yards....on a day when it was apparent the O line was getting man handled....punked...?

I said to my brother, "On a day like this where points are at a premium, you take the 3."

Later Joe gets blind sided and fumbles and it's a 3 point gift before the half.

There is one common denominator in this: The O line.

They lost the game.

The D was spectacular. Special Teams played great except for a few poor punts by Koch. We saw Jones, Doss, Brown and Clark make big plays.

We know Rice and Pierce can run....and Joe is damn good.

NOTHING ON 1st and 2nd down. Always 3rd and long. AND LONGER WITH THE PENALTIES.

Sorry about the Caps...I'm pissed off.

I'm going to use Caps one last time here....

THE OFFENSIVE LINE CAN NOT RUN BLOCK OR OPEN A RUNNING LANE AND THEY CAN NOT PASS PROTECT.

I don't know about Crav'n, but I just did. See thread # 7. It explains EXACTLY why it's the coaches fault.

Harbaugh had 2 dumb decisions that cost us 3 points and gave GB 3 points. We lost by 2 points. The Oline collectively are the biggest goats of the game, but Harbs is not far behind. Flacco was not to blame today...I don't know what game you were watching Crav

• Downvote 1

I don't know about Crav'n, but I just did. See thread # 7. It explains EXACTLY why it's the coaches fault.

I am totally aware of your points and I agree...bone head decisions.

Speaking of coaches, I was calling a run play on every 1st down and what hole they were going to run to. I was right about 80% of the time. If I can do that, then there isn't a defense or DC in the NFL who can't call it right 100% of the time. Caldwell's play calling is part of the problem too.....but he is definitely getting a lot out of the WR's. I've never seen Ravens WR's run so may different routes and come out of so many formations and packages. Caldwell is good for the O but his subordinates are fucking up the O line and run game. Something has to change here. because they can't fix it. Somebody will be gone by the Bye Week if not before.

As long as the O line plays like they have been doing this is going to be a .500 team.

Plus this board is going to be a wreck for the next 24 hours...people calling for heads and emotions running wild. Maybe we need to sleep on this one...

Unless you had money on the game...then you may feel a little crappy...

Here's Harbaugh's comments on his decisions. I disagree with him, but he is not why the Ravens lost the game IMO.

Considering the Ravens lost by two points, 19-17, they proved to be huge decisions in the game. They were the difference between a potential six points.

“Those are decisions that most of the time are going to pay off for you,” Harbaugh said.

“They didn’t pay off, it’s disappointing, but we should keep chasing that. We don’t want to be the kind of team that’s going to play nervous, not give our guys a chance, an opportunity, to do things and make plays.”

“You’ve got a high-percentage opportunity to make that fouth-and-1. I like our chances there,” Harbaugh said. “If we don’t make it, we’ve got them backed up on their own 1. I feel really good about making them punt out of their own end zone and field position coming back the other way.

“I think that was a good decision there.”

“You’ve got confidence in your guys,” Harbaugh said. “You give your guys a chance to make plays in situations like that. They made a nice play, and it cost us three points.”

Harbaugh said he generally wants to have an attacking mentality as a coach.

The Ravens have also conducted extensive statistical research into the percentages teams have success in difficult fourth-down and other situations. So there is a body of research for Harbaugh to lean upon.

“I think the philosophy is basically to attack, yes,” Harbaugh said. “You try to do it within reason. We’re never going to be reckless in what we do. If you look closely at the NFL percentages, those are not reckless decisions by any stretch.

“We’re going to be an attacking, aggressive type of group. It’s been good to us up until this point, so let’s build our team into that.”

http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/article-1/John-Harbaugh-Explains-Coaching-Decisions/ac8bffe4-37f5-48a6-9af2-9d15f07475a1

There were other plays that were not made that hurt.

If Doss get's his second foot down in the end zone that's 7 points. He had plenty of room to do it.

If Webb doesn't let his man get behind him or the safety helps that's 7 the Packers don't get.

If the D doesn't allow that long 3rd down reception on the Packers final drive the Ravens would have the ball back with plenty of time for a winning field goal.

If the O line executed well, then the Ravens would have won by 35-19.

But none of that happened and the Ravens lost.

Here's Harbaugh's comments on his decisions. I disagree with him, but he is not why the Ravens lost the game IMO.

There were other plays that were not made that hurt.

If Doss get's his second foot down in the end zone that's 7 points. He had plenty of room to do it.

If Webb doesn't let his man get behind him or the safety helps that's 7 the Packers don't get.

If the D doesn't allow that long 3rd down reception on the Packers final drive the Ravens would have the ball back with plenty of time for a winning field goal.

If the O line executed well, then the Ravens would have won by 35-19.

But none of that happened and the Ravens lost.

True. Doss is getting better but seriously...year 3 and you don't think to get 2 feet down in the end zone?

• Downvote 1

I see both sides. I liked the call to go for it on 4th when it was made. I wasnt thrilled with the play call. Its only in retrospect with the final score that I dont like the call.

The entire offense needs to be better. All of them. Joe. The line. The backs. The recievers. All of them.

• Upvote 1

Can't blame Webb on that play, Max. Well, I trust Webb more than Ihedigbo & Elam right now, so I don't blame him.

He clearly thought he had help over the top, so he was aiming to play the under. Both safeties bit on the playfake and didn't follow the receivers at all. Webb is in a shit position there.

It's possible Webb was wrong on the call and they were right, but I don't believe it.

Look, I'm Harbaugh's biggest fan. I just vehemetly disagree with his play calling today. HE had a bad game. I also agree with many of you here that our O line is atrocious. It's offensive. But, I also believe that there is something going on with Ray Rice. He just doesn't seem to have it like yesteryear. Without a decent running game, the Ravens are going nowhere fast. These are the things that must be fixed and now. Advice to Coach Harbs. When you can't run the football, take the sure 3 points. Time to move on to the Steelers.

Look, I'm Harbaugh's biggest fan. I just vehemetly disagree with his play calling today. HE had a bad game. I also agree with many of you here that our O line is atrocious. It's offensive. But, I also believe that there is something going on with Ray Rice. He just doesn't seem to have it like yesteryear. Without a decent running game, the Ravens are going nowhere fast. These are the things that must be fixed and now. Advice to Coach Harbs. When you can't run the football, take the sure 3 points. Time to move on to the Steelers.

I said before this season as much as rice has been used between the passing and rushing game he was going to start to decline. Crave jumped down my throat and it's nothing against rice the rb position in the nfl is absolutely brutal. That said the oline doesn't help at all.

How the hell did Joe lose this???

He didnt, I am MAD, hell that was one of Joes better games statistically..But something has to give coaching blunders, no run game whatsoever special teams mistakes, it is all snowballing..If our o-line is that banged up, you cant tell me that the players banged up are that much better then their back-ups

• Upvote 1

I see both sides. I liked the call to go for it on 4th when it was made. I wasnt thrilled with the play call. Its only in retrospect with the final score that I dont like the call.

Harbs talks about wanting to be an aggressive team, but there is something to be said for understanding your limitations. I realize the score could have been different and we still may have lost had Harbs not made those two decisions. I just thought there were head scratches given how bad the line was performing.

• Downvote 1

One of the turning points in the game was Harbaugh choosing to go for it on fourth-and-goal from the Packers' one-yard line. Instead of tying the game at 3 in the second quarter with a field goal, the Ravens came up empty when running back Bernard Pierce was stopped for no gain.

"You’ve got a high percentage opportunity to make that fourth-and-1," Harbaugh said. "I like our chances there."

The percentages are never in the Ravens' favor when it comes to running the ball. Before that fourth down, Ravens running backs combined for zero yards on nine carries. Why would anyone think the Ravens could gain one yard on fourth down?

http://espn.go.com/blog/baltimore-ravens/post/_/id/2063/ravens-offense-has-become-a-major-liability

One of the turning points in the game was Harbaugh choosing to go for it on fourth-and-goal from the Packers' one-yard line. Instead of tying the game at 3 in the second quarter with a field goal, the Ravens came up empty when running back Bernard Pierce was stopped for no gain.

"You’ve got a high percentage opportunity to make that fourth-and-1," Harbaugh said. "I like our chances there."

The percentages are never in the Ravens' favor when it comes to running the ball. Before that fourth down, Ravens running backs combined for zero yards on nine carries. Why would anyone think the Ravens could gain one yard on fourth down?

http://espn.go.com/blog/baltimore-ravens/post/_/id/2063/ravens-offense-has-become-a-major-liability

Vonta Leach anyone?