ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Steelers favored to win

Tornado700

Thanks max, I'm having trouble getting pics from photobucket to post sometimes instead of the link...

You will never graduate from Troll School until you can successfully cut and paste.

The Steelers are the better team right now. Our offense is a joke.

Step away from the exhaust pipe Ace, those fumes are clouding your mind....lol

Pitts is always a tough game, but they are no where near the better team right now, even though we have struggled on Offense....

We have won 3 games and are just now getting some starters back....I expect to see a better showing this week and a win , but I never count Pitts out, we always play each other tough for whatever reason.

SB Champs !!!!

Step away from the exhaust pipe Ace, those fumes are clouding your mind....lol

Pitts is always a tough game, but they are no where near the better team right now, even though we have struggled on Offense....

We have won 3 games and are just now getting some starters back....I expect to see a better showing this week and a win , but I never count Pitts out, we always play each other tough for whatever reason.

SB Champs !!!!

I've watched enough of both teams to see that the Steelers and Ravens have very similar teams. Both have poor Olines that have lead to weak running games and lots of turnovers. Both defenses are fairly solid - the Ravens have the edge in creating pressure and forcing turnovers. The Steelers have a better secondary. I think the Steelers offense is closer to figuring it out than the Ravens O is, which is why I give them the edge as the better team right now.

• Downvote 1

For the Ravens to get to the playoffs, it is imperative that we beat the teams that we should beat. Sorry, but the Steelers are 1-4 which makes them not very good. We have to sweep them this year. It starts this Sunday @ 4:25 EST.

For the Ravens to get to the playoffs, it is imperative that we beat the teams that we should beat. Sorry, but the Steelers are 1-4 which makes them not very good. We have to sweep them this year. It starts this Sunday @ 4:25 EST.

I agree that we need to sweep the Steelers. We need 7 wins in the next 10 games so we're going to need to beat most of our opponents going forward. That said, we have already lost to two teams that had worse records than we do and since our Oline cannot run block or consistently keep defenders off our QB i'm not sure why people think we should be favored against anyone especially on the road.

• Downvote 1

I agree that we need to sweep the Steelers. We need 7 wins in the next 10 games so we're going to need to beat most of our opponents going forward. That said, we have already lost to two teams that had worse records than we do and since our Oline cannot run block or consistently keep defenders off our QB i'm not sure why people think we should be favored against anyone especially on the road.

The first half was bad on Sunday but by the 2nd half I saw some things that looked promising on offense....

It seemed that JJ's return, made Marlon step it up and much to my surprise, DC is looking like he could be that redzone threat we thought he would be when we brought him here..

Doss and ED are looking better too...

Better blocking on the oline and our problems are solved, the run will become productive again and Joe will have time to make more that 1 read before getting hit....

Results, 35 per game average....

Gitty Up !!!!

If I remember correctly, the Ravens have lost to teams we should have beaten every single year we made the playoffs. What makes you think this won't happen again ? Do you honestly believe that our offensive line will stink the rest of the year? Explain why if your answer is yes.

You have to throw out the team records when these 2 teams play, so give the Steelers the 3 point home field advantage even though we know their fans are bandwagoners who start leaving in the 3rd quarter and stop posting when the Steelers lose.

Maybe Harbs should send them out double time for warm ups to try and get them to start faster....

Or have the Big Show to walk around and face slap everyone of them just before the start of the game to wake this sleeping giant up....

Sleeping giant is a good way to describe this team. Just about everybody, with a few exceptions (like Torrey), looks like they're sleepwalking through the games.

If I remember correctly, the Ravens have lost to teams we should have beaten every single year we made the playoffs. What makes you think this won't happen again ? Do you honestly believe that our offensive line will stink the rest of the year? Explain why if your answer is yes.

Yes, we have lost to teams we should have beaten in the past, are you trying to make my point that we shouldn't be favored for me? By the way, you know what else we have done in the past? Stink on the road.

For the record I do think the O-line will get better this season, but I don't know when that will happen. I would assume if it doesn't happen this week it will likely happen after the bye week. The pressure is already high and another loss, especially to a 1-4 division rival, would send it into fever pitch level. Monroe will eventually get better with more reps and Yanda and O have to return to form sooner or later. Gradkowski will improve or be benched.

I never said the Ravens have no chance in Pittsburgh, rather what I have said is that I agree with the over/under line considering the state of our Offensive line. In my opinion those of you who are surprised that the Ravens are not favored aren't realistically looking at our weaknesses as a team. Like VA I think this is going to be an ugly toss up.

Sleeping giant is a good way to describe this team. Just about everybody, with a few exceptions (like Torrey), looks like they're sleepwalking through the games.

They do look like they need a jolt to old electro....Maybe if Harbs made an example of someone important to the team, it would make the slackers shift gears...

I'm looking for some real improvement this week though, I think Harbs has had enough of this oline blocking schemes...