ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Ravens will need to play at their best to beat Browns

Tornado700

Just look at what happened last Sunday. Browns almost upset highly favored Chiefs in Arrowhead. They are playing impressive football right now, and the game is in Cleveland. Can we beat them for the 12th straight time? Only if we play mistake free football and the offense gets into the game early. Otherwise, another debacle like we just witnessed in Pittsburgh.

My pick: Ravens will score early and put up enough points to win. 23 to 17.

This is a great read..

Since 2002, Baltimore is 10-1 after byes, which is the best mark in the NFL. The Ravens are a perfect 5-0 after byes under coach John Harbaugh and have been impressive in doing so.

Baltimore has won all five of those games by double digits, including a 25-15 win at Cleveland last season. Under Harbaugh, the Ravens' average margin of victory following the week-long break has been 16.4 points.

A common theme in the Ravens' success after byes has been running back Ray Rice. Since being named the team's featured back in 2009, Rice has produced 91.5 yards rushing in the game following the bye. He has scored two touchdowns in those four games. In last season's win at Cleveland, Rice ran for 98 yards and a touchdown.

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcnorth/post/_/id/75823/ray-rice-and-ravens-thrive-after-the-bye

31 to 10 ravens

I cringe when I hear about the Ravens perfect record against the browns or perfect post byeweek record during Harbs' tenure. A lot of bad things are happening this season that never or rarely happen under Harbs: Having a losing record after 6 games, losing back to back games, losing to a rookie QB.

Still. this is a must win for the Ravens. A loss would be devastating to playoff aspirations and would mean they are going to have to admit some pretty serious shortcomings. I think the Ravens pull away late to win 26-16

Just look at what happened last Sunday. Browns almost upset highly favored Chiefs in Arrowhead. They are playing impressive football right now, and the game is in Cleveland. Can we beat them for the 12th straight time? Only if we play mistake free football and the offense gets into the game early. Otherwise, another debacle like we just witnessed in Pittsburgh.

My pick: Ravens will score early and put up enough points to win. 23 to 17.

Judging from what I've seen this year and especially from both teams' last game, the Browns are a team of more substance and playing with a greater sense of urgency.

We are still playing with a SB hangover, resting on our laurels, and w/ no emerging leadership and direction.

I picked the Pack and the Steelers the last two games. I don't see anything that has changed with this team- still a work in progress and figuring out its identity.

Browns are playing with more emotion and passion and are at home.

My pick. Browns grind it out and win by 6-9 points.

Judging from what I've seen this year and especially from both teams' last game, the Browns are a team of more substance and playing with a greater sense of urgency.

We are still playing with a SB hangover, resting on our laurels, and w/ no emerging leadership and direction.

I picked the Pack and the Steelers the last two games. I don't see anything that has changed with this team- still a work in progress and figuring out its identity.

Browns are playing with more emotion and passion and are at home.

My pick. Browns grind it out and win by 6-9 points.

Geee, cant wait to see your prediction vs the Bungles

I'm feeling good about a Ravens win. Not a blowout because Cleveland has a good defense and we know D can keep you in a game.

As long as the Ravens stay disciplined, don't commit turnovers and penalties, they will grind out a win.

If they make Jason Campbell look like a Hall of Famer then....guys and gals,....the seasons over.