ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Any The Walking Dead Fans?

Robjr83

• 2 weeks later...

I read the comics. Things are so different that I dont think they help me guess whats going to happen too often.

The two of them were quarentined and did not pose much of a rick to the others. I like Carol, and understand her motivation, but I think what she did was wrong.

I agree but I did call a certain set of characters showing up soon. Yes I'm liking this season so far.
  • Upvote 1

• 1 month later...

Carl is annoying in the comics as well. So is Rick. In fact, they are both far more annoying in the comics than the series so I think thats why they dont bother me in the series so much.

Last nights was decent, I may have liked it more if I had not watched it right after True Detective which was great last night.

I honestly have no idea where they will go, as the Governor last season was a paper thin version of what he was in the comic. Michonne basically stuck a spoon in his ass, then scooped out his eyeball with it, after removing it. Also nailed his dick to a board. All because he continually raped/beat her while he held her prisoner. The way they ended the Governor story, was more in line with the comic.

With that said, Negan is the next big bad and he makes the Governor look like Jesus.

I honestly have no idea where they will go, as the Governor last season was a paper thin version of what he was in the comic. Michonne basically stuck a spoon in his ass, then scooped out his eyeball with it, after removing it. Also nailed his dick to a board. All because he continually raped/beat her while he held her prisoner. The way they ended the Governor story, was more in line with the comic.

With that said, Negan is the next big bad and he makes the Governor look like Jesus.

Do you think censors play a part in that? The only sorta rape scene was the Gubna and Maggie. Plenty of sex scenes with Glenn/Maggie, Shane/Lori, or Gubna/Andrea/the other girl. No rape though which you think in a post Apocalypse world would be pretty widespread.

Jesus also appears soon!

• Upvote 1

Do you think censors play a part in that? The only sorta rape scene was the Gubna and Maggie. Plenty of sex scenes with Glenn/Maggie, Shane/Lori, or Gubna/Andrea/the other girl. No rape though which you think in a post Apocalypse world would be pretty widespread.

There are a lot of differences between the comic and the show despite Kirkman being so involved in the show. For example Andrea and Michonne never wound up in Woodbury after the farm. The first time we visited Woodbury in the comics was after Glenn, Rick and Michonne found it after they saw a helicopter crash in the woods and when they got to the helicopter there were tracks that led them to Woodbury.

There was an interview on the 10 year anniversary of the comic and Kirkman was asked what he regretted the most about the comic. His answer was having the governor cut off Rick's hand. I'm guessing that is why it didn't happen in the show. He said he can't remember the amount of times the artist had drawn Rick with both hands or the wrong hand cut off or Kirkman had set the scene with Rick doing something that required 2 hands and then having to do redo the whole scene.

I can't wait to see how the show handles what comes next in the comics.

According to interviews after the episode the other night - Negan will not be in it this season, maybe not next. That should be fun whenever it happens. I would not be surprised if they want more space between the comics and the series, even though the series doesnt follow it exactly.

There is no way they could have filed Michonne tortuing the Governor. It was graphic and kinda tough in the comic, to film it would be brutal. And pay cable territory. And I am OK with them skirting on camera rapes.

Even though the show is a big hit it still has a relatively small budget, I dont think they could afford to have Rick's hand cut off in the series. Many scenes would be tricky to film and I dont think they have the budget to digitally remove it very often.

Intially Kirkman was going to be involved but it didnt sound by much. Hes involved a lot now. If I had to guess I would say that he is the reason the show has gone through so many show runners.

Herschel I think went out great. I couldn't see him living post-prision on the run. I really liked Dale. I thought Shane made a better antagonist then the Governor. The Rick/Shane scene at the end of season two was way better than Rick/Gov.

The Rick/Shane moment was definitely pivotal.

I was so sick and tired of The Guvna. Ugh.

Andrea was annoying.

Dale was a good guy.

Herschel hurt.

I hope we get to see Morgan again. I remember thinking in season one, "Well, Rick sure ditched that walkie right quick." LOL. I'm glad Morgan called him on it.

Glenn in the comics

Herschel on the show

Glenn for me too, IMO the only truly nice character in the comics.

In the show, probably Merle. In the comics it's probably Andrea. She is still alive in the comics and is kick ass.

Andrea is great in the comics. That made me dislike the TV version even more.

Glenn for me too, IMO the only truly nice character in the comics.

Andrea is great in the comics. That made me dislike the TV version even more.

Another character that was great in the Comics but has been a disappointment so far on the show is Tyreese although that scene where he gets mobbed by the herd of walkers was a lot more like his character in the comics.

I'm looking forward to see what they do with Abraham in the show. He was a good character in the comics.