ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Pitta, Practice and Contract

oldno82

Really glad to see Pitta back at practice though I'm sure he has a long way to go before being football-ready, Might not even be this season. But, I was thinking: should we take a chance and sign Pitta now for 3 years or do we play it conservative and offer him a one year deal?

I say 1 year, I also say why in the hell is he rushing to get back on the field, if we were 6-4, Id be all for it but we are 4-6 and tumbling fast.

Agree. I do not want to see him on the field this year. He is too valuable to chance.

No way you can do that. If he is not the same you have just thrown money away. I think he signs a 1 yr around vet deal with incentives.

Agreed. Going forward, Pitta may not be the right option for this offense. Pitta is a finesse player at a position where we need muscle ala Anquan Boldin. Signing Pitta would be nice but I hope the organization takes a good look at Vernon Davis' brother with the Skins. He's a head case but he's also big, strong, physical, with good hands and capable of big time YAC.

Guys.. there's no guarantee he'll even be here next year. Pitta might want to get back on the field ASAP to drive up his price. I'd say let him play this year. If he's damaged goods then the team will know not to overspend.

Then let him walk. There is a comp pick for him. If he is spoiled goods let the other team get saddled with him.

Not going to happen the Steelers are rolling and are getting their second TE back this week as well.

The Steelers have won two in row at home. The two previous games to that they lost to the freakin' Raiders and got shellacked by the Patriots. Now they are on the road again. They could very well lose the next two.