ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

We may have lost our best defensive player for the season

Guest BallTMore

Guest BallTMore

Per WNST test

Ravens players think he's out for the season as well.

BIG loss. Ruined my day if this is true.

Edited by BallTMore

Radio rumors say ACL...done for the year.

He was great out there today...definately looked like a #1 corner (Foxworth had a great game too).

This is very bad news. It throws some serious water on the win, playoff hopes and the possibility of doing any kind of damage should they make the playoffs.

It also takes away the field position advantage he gave the Ravens on Special Teams.

Now....the Ravens have to face 3 very good WR's and a good TE next week with Foxworth and Walker.

This is one injury that we will not be able to overcome, this is seriously a major damper on this win. I cannot explain how bummed I am right now, Webb had become my favorite player on defense to watch. We NEED him against Pittsburgh next week. I didn't see the injury, can someone explain what happened? I hope it is not a major ACL tear as that would definitely put him out into next season. If Webb is out for the season, hopefully it is just a bad ACL sprain or an MCL tear (which doesn't need surgery).

Is it true that Webb got hurt on SPECIAL TEAMS with us up 31-7!?!?! What is Harbaugh doing having his #1 corner in on special teams!? Much less up by twenty points! I am so mad right now! It is unfortunate that Webb gets hurt because he is giving 100% on every single play no matter what the situation is! Why couldn't Walker or Carr get hurt? Ugh... I am so bummed right now. This is the last guy other than Flacco and Rice that I wanted to see get hurt.

I guess they'll do the MRI thing today but nobody seems optimistic.

This is seriously bad news for this season. The D has been playing very well...pitched a shut out....it finally looked like the situation at corner might be set solid for a few years with Webb and Foxworth but not for what is left of this season.

Before this I thought the Ravens had a good shot at winning in Pittsburgh...not now...but we'll see.

I guess they'll do the MRI thing today but nobody seems optimistic.

This is seriously bad news for this season. The D has been playing very well...pitched a shut out....it finally looked like the situation at corner might be set solid for a few years with Webb and Foxworth but not for what is left of this season.

Before this I thought the Ravens had a good shot at winning in Pittsburgh...not now...but we'll see.

I feel the exact same way max, I am a lot less optimistic about this season. At this point I am just hoping that Webb doesn't need surgery so he will be ready to go for next season. I was liking how Webb and Foxworth were looking together as well. Hey, maybe Harbaugh and company will put together a nice gameplan for next week and surprise us all, but my expectations are not very high. Sticking to the defensive side of the ball, I thought Ellerbe played very well yesterday. I think he joins Webb, McClain, Foxworth and possibly Zibby as young guys who have stepped up this season and proved that they belong here as starters or in an expanded role.

Here is the bottom line when it comes to Pittsburgh: they are going to pass the ball no matter who is in the secondary or how good our pass rush is. The Packers had a consistent pass rush on Ben and one of the best secondaries in the league and it still didn't matter. Against the Steelers you have to play a bend, but don't break defense. They will get their passing yards, but when they get in the redzone you have to hold them to field goals. That is how we will have to beat the Steelers, by solid redzone defense.

Wow! Its looking like Foxworth, Walker (yipes!), Zibby and Landry in the secondary.

Even though he is not a CB, we better have Reed back in the secondary, if for no other reason than for leadership and experience. If not, then ?.....

Lets see Big Jen went off for 500 yds against the then No 1 ranked D In Green Bay. With our mighty mite secondary and no pash rush, he should do that and then some.

Bazooka Joe needs to go off "BIG TIME".

.... I was liking how Webb and Foxworth were looking together as well. Hey, maybe Harbaugh and company will put together a nice gameplan for next week and surprise us all, but my expectations are not very high....

Here is the bottom line when it comes to Pittsburgh: they are going to pass the ball no matter who is in the secondary or how good our pass rush is. The Packers had a consistent pass rush on Ben and one of the best secondaries in the league and it still didn't matter. Against the Steelers you have to play a bend, but don't break defense. They will get their passing yards, but when they get in the redzone you have to hold them to field goals. That is how we will have to beat the Steelers, by solid redzone defense.

Solid points cleetz...sobering but solid.

Got to hope for a great defensive gameplan including your 'bend but don't break' plan.

It will be a war...the Steelers BTW still have a slim shot at the playoffs. This is it for both teams.

Frank Walker has played well for us before against Pitt. He can do it again. As bad as it sounds...he is our best hope. I have 0 faith in Carr.

Thank You OTR!

That woke me up. I've been bring the 'doom and gloom' and what I needed was a push in the other direction.

Walker will get the job done with some help...D

Despite Ben throwing for 503 yards and 87 TD's remember this!....

The Steelers have been losing to scrubs starting with a 17-14 loss to the Bears. Then there's losses to the Chiefs, Raiders and Browns.

THEY ARE NOT ALL THAT HIGH AND MIGHTY.