ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Hammock and Engram

vmax

Love the hires. I think they will kick some passion back into the runners and receivers.

The Ravens have never had a receivers coach who took young, raw talent and developed it into a playmaker. The players need a new fresh message.

Engram had his fair share of drops though...hope he can teach better.

Hammock? He just looks like a North/South pound the ball, run it all day kind of guy.

1055970.jpg

Grain of salt..... Wisconsin has always had a great running game, going back before Hammock's time there; it is their line, their system and who was the last Wisconsin runningback to make it big in the NFL? Be more than a back up runningback? That shows you it is their system, their line....

Being a former player, such as Engram, does not make one a good coach, or even a coach who can develop a player. Engram was barely an NFl quality receiver and has very, very limited coaching experience. It is more likely the receivers continue to struggle, he never was able to get off of bump & run coverage.............

Grain of salt..... Wisconsin has always had a great running game, going back before Hammock's time there; it is their line, their system and who was the last Wisconsin runningback to make it big in the NFL? Be more than a back up runningback? That shows you it is their system, their line....

Being a former player, such as Engram, does not make one a good coach, or even a coach who can develop a player. Engram was barely an NFl quality receiver and has very, very limited coaching experience. It is more likely the receivers continue to struggle, he never was able to get off of bump & run coverage.............

Wow harsh...

I don't get the Engram move either after looking up his record. It's hard to believe this guy can teach our receivers with his lack of experience. He's only got 1 year as a receivers coach. He must have really shown something at Pitt or we're making a big mistake.

Yes, but true, look up Engrams record, starting coaching what, two years ago? This is a team with young receivers, he may or may not be a good coach, but he would be best suited with experienced receivers.... Time will tell.

Can't be much worse than Hostler. I remember your assessment on Hostler and it reminded me of an interview with Brandon Stokley at the beginning of the season. He was surprised during receiving drills Raven receivers weren't being instructed to do something as simple as turn up field and finish out drills...

With Engram at least he has current playing experience under a solid offense he can apply. I don't think Engram's production as a pro has a correlation with coaching ability. How many top coaches in the NFL today were elite players. Nonetheless Engram led the Seahawks in receptions the year they were NFC Champs.

Engram may have not much coaching experience but he has put in his time with lower titles and is making the natural progression. What I'm banking on is the supervision of Kubiak and Dennison will elevate the receivers play.

Kubiak is the OC. It will be his offense and scheme for the runners and receivers. Hammock and Engram have to coach their personnel to execute it.

It's time for new blood.

9. Gary Kubiak, Baltimore, offensive coordinator -- Kubiak is one of four 2013 head coaches who have rotated back into assistant roles this year, joining Schwartz, new Tampa Bay defensive coordinator Leslie Frazier and new Pittsburgh offensive line coach Mike Munchak. The good news for the ex-Texans head coach? He has a low bar of expectation set for him in Baltimore, after the Ravens offense disintegrated last season, finishing 29th in yards, averaging only 3.1 rushing yards per carry (the NFL's lowest since 2007) and scoring 20 points per game.

Kubiak couldn't fix Matt Schaub and his pick-six throwing ways last season in Houston, but he has more to work with in Joe Flacco. The former Super Bowl MVP tossed a career-high 22 interceptions in 2013, but he's not an inaccurate passer. Last year's woes were mainly the result of his shoddy pass protection, the lack of a running game and the loss of Anquan Boldin and Dennis Pitta as reliable receiving options.

For years Kubiak was a successful offensive coordinator in Denver under Mike Shanahan. After Houston hired Kubiak, his Texans ranked in the top 10 offensively in six of his eight seasons with the franchise, showing the ability to both throw and run their way to victory. If Kubiak helped the likes of Brian Griese, Jake Plummer and Schaub lead playoff teams, he should be able to get Flacco's issues corrected and help return Baltimore to playoff contention in the AFC North.

Read More: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/nfl/news/20140206/gregg-williams-ray-horton-nfl-coordinator-hires/#ixzz2skP1Nc8V

I don't get the Engram move either after looking up his record. It's hard to believe this guy can teach our receivers with his lack of experience. He's only got 1 year as a receivers coach. He must have really shown something at Pitt or we're making a big mistake.

Boyd broke all kind of freshman records for Pitt this year but he is an athletic freak and it was expected for him to have a great season. I would say other then him the rest of the group regressed and when Street went down nobody stepped up.