ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

OK Ozzie; Monroe's done

varaven45

Not to sound like a homer BUT... this team was 8-8 but its a misleading record. How many losses were winable? BUF, GB, CHI just pop to mind. Lets face two of our top weapons (Pitta/Rice) were down. An anchored line lead by a true center and this offense as it stands will be better. We can compete in this division.

I would not throw Rice in that. He very well could be done.

Not to sound like a homer BUT... this team was 8-8 but its a misleading record. How many losses were winable? BUF, GB, CHI just pop to mind. Lets face two of our top weapons (Pitta/Rice) were down. An anchored line lead by a true center and this offense as it stands will be better. We can compete in this division.

Ahh, Let's see we squeaked out a miraculous win at home versus Minnesota in the blizzard. And Justin Tuckers 60 + yd FG saved our arses in Motown. That 8-8 record is looking pretty dang good.

No matter how you wax it , We were a mediocre lot last season. If we want mediocrity again in 2014 we stick to the same bunch. If we want to get better, we surround the team with better talent. We don't need to break the bank, we just need to make positive additions in a timely fashion. I am sure Oz will do but he needs to pick up the pace in my opinion.

Ahh, Let's see we squeaked out a miraculous win at home versus Minnesota in the blizzard. And Justin Tuckers 60 + yd FG saved our arses in Motown. That 8-8 record is looking pretty dang good.

No matter how you wax it , We were a mediocre lot last season. If we want mediocrity again in 2014 we stick to the same bunch. If we want to get better, we surround the team with better talent. We don't need to break the bank, we just need to make positive additions in a timely fashion. I am sure Oz will do but he needs to pick up the pace in my opinion.

If they bring Gino back as starting center and Shipley back as starting LG, I agree with you. If our receiving corp stays the same (with no upgrades), I agree with you. If they bring Dickson back as the #2 TE instead of upgrading, I agree with you.

Still a lot of work to be done...

If they bring Gino back as starting center and Shipley back as starting LG, I agree with you. If our receiving corp stays the same (with no upgrades), I agree with you. If they bring Dickson back as the #2 TE instead of upgrading, I agree with you.

Right. KO is a big deal. We can't make it with Shipley starting. There is a draft coming up and I suspect we will get some impact players. We may draft Ebron, Clinton Dix, one of those nice WRs coming out. We will get something. Won't be 8-8 next yr. I think better, could be worse but not 8-8

Wouldn't you agree that Gino was the crux of the failed oline Money ?....But even with that, if we had gotten a mediocre production out of Rice / Pierce, it would not have looked so bad.....I don't think Shipley did a bad job at all, looked to me like Gino and Oher were the weakest links but with no run game and TE's that can't catch even 50 % , it's a photo of failure.....Kubes will change all that, Rice will not be the featured back anymore, he will get a power RB in here and we will see what a real run game is supposed to look like.....Give me a Jamaal Lewis, Earl Campbell style RB everytime over the little jitter bugs.....

Wouldn't you agree that Gino was the crux of the failed oline Money ?....But even with that, if we had gotten a mediocre production out of Rice / Pierce, it would not have looked so bad.....I don't think Shipley did a bad job at all, looked to me like Gino and Oher were the weakest links but with no run game and TE's that can't catch even 50 % , it's a photo of failure.....Kubes will change all that, Rice will not be the featured back anymore, he will get a power RB in here and we will see what a real run game is supposed to look like.....Give me a Jamaal Lewis, Earl Campbell style RB everytime over the little jitter bugs.....

Bring me a hammer like a Jamal . That is what I am talking about !!! An Andre Williams from BC would be nice.

Both Shipley and Gino graded out as two of the worst OL'men in the entire league last year.

Both Shipley and Gino graded out as two of the worst OL'men in the entire league last year.

I haven't seen anything that states that, I agree Ship wasn't a top tier player but I thought he did ok for a sub....

Gino however was horrible and Oher did not get near the level he's being paid for....IMO

I am ready to move on from him and Gino....How many yards of penalties did Oher cost us anyway?

Scenario 1: If they move KO to RT then the way I see it they need at least one really good guard or center. At least 1. If it's Gino and a rookie the running game will suck again and Joe will be under pressure all season.

LG and C....that's the big weakness.

Scenario 2: KO stays at LG...then they need at least one RT or C.

Just a hunch....Ozzie will bring back Oher as his asking price lowers. Then he's the RT.

That's not upgrading this line.

I haven't seen anything that states that, I agree Ship wasn't a top tier player but I thought he did ok for a sub....

Gino however was horrible and Oher did not get near the level he's being paid for....IMO

I am ready to move on from him and Gino....How many yards of penalties did Oher cost us anyway?

Well PFF graded the Ravens as the 5th worst OL. Shipley and Gino were easily the biggest culprits.

28. Baltimore Ravens (17th)

PB: 20th, RB: 28th, PEN: 27th

Stud: They found exactly what they were looking for with the in season trade for Eugene Monroe (+24.0). A genuinely top-tier tackle, he came in and protected the blindside of Joe Flacco and added some push to the run game. Tying him down must be the team’s No. 1 offseason priority.

Dud: The team went with Gino Gradkowski (-18.1) at center over A.Q. Shipley (-18.1) and it did not go well. Shipley had the misfortune of switching to a guard spot he rarely looked comfortable at, but for Gradkowski he may have blown his audition to be the long-term starter.

Analysis: When you have a back that needs space to operate, it really shows up when you don’t give it to him. The Ravens got better as the year went on, but they simply didn’t deliver as you’d expect Super Bowl champs to. It didn’t help that Marshal Yanda had, by his high standards, a down year or that Kelechi Osemele played hurt before going down, but it just wasn’t good enough. On the bright side they have too much talent to finish this low next year. Way too much.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2014/01/13/2013-offensive-line-rankings/

• Upvote 1

Well PFF graded the Ravens as the 5th worst OL. Shipley and Gino were easily the biggest culprits.

28. Baltimore Ravens (17th)

PB: 20th, RB: 28th, PEN: 27th

Stud: They found exactly what they were looking for with the in season trade for Eugene Monroe (+24.0). A genuinely top-tier tackle, he came in and protected the blindside of Joe Flacco and added some push to the run game. Tying him down must be the team’s No. 1 offseason priority.

Dud: The team went with Gino Gradkowski (-18.1) at center over A.Q. Shipley (-18.1) and it did not go well. Shipley had the misfortune of switching to a guard spot he rarely looked comfortable at, but for Gradkowski he may have blown his audition to be the long-term starter.

Analysis: When you have a back that needs space to operate, it really shows up when you don’t give it to him. The Ravens got better as the year went on, but they simply didn’t deliver as you’d expect Super Bowl champs to. It didn’t help that Marshal Yanda had, by his high standards, a down year or that Kelechi Osemele played hurt before going down, but it just wasn’t good enough. On the bright side they have too much talent to finish this low next year. Way too much.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2014/01/13/2013-offensive-line-rankings/

I can roll with that.....Kubes is gonna right the ship, I am confident of that...

I can roll with that.....Kubes is gonna right the ship, I am confident of that...

I am too. I haven't completely given up on Gino, but he absolutely cannot come back as our starter this year. There are a number of veteran centers available (and most of them would be a significant upgrade) so I'm sure they will be bringing in someone legitimate.

A lot of piling on Oher but we won with him more times than not. That's what I remember most. He had a down yr and his false starts became a problem after it seemed he had gotten it under control but if he takes a contract for a second tier RT, I say keep him and let the coaches work it out. In looking at his whole time here, versus Gino's, I think it reveals that Gino is more of the problem and Shipley wasn't good. Backup for a game maybe but guards need to root people out and he never got much push. That's why Ozzie said what he did about our line's interior

Oher suffered a pretty harsh leg injury and played through it the whole season, buy nobody mentioned that...

sure did. Even I forgot that.

I would not throw Rice in that. He very well could be done.

You almost have to, that hip injury was bad and for him to come back and hit the field after a couple weeks was amazing. Now for this off season shenanigans, I agree he could be done.

I liked Rice in his first two seasons, then his whole bicep pointing started getting to me. I just never warmed up to the guy, but I acknowledge he has done great things for the team and community. I do think he's lost something in his step, even before the hip injury.

You almost have to, that hip injury was bad and for him to come back and hit the field after a couple weeks was amazing. Now for this off season shenanigans, I agree he could be done.

Before his hip got hurt in that game Rice wasn't doing anything. Time will tell but he has been on borrowed time for a couple of yrs now.

A lot of piling on Oher but we won with him more times than not. That's what I remember most. He had a down yr and his false starts became a problem after it seemed he had gotten it under control but if he takes a contract for a second tier RT, I say keep him and let the coaches work it out. In looking at his whole time here, versus Gino's, I think it reveals that Gino is more of the problem and Shipley wasn't good. Backup for a game maybe but guards need to root people out and he never got much push. That's why Ozzie said what he did about our line's interior

I get frustrated with Oher, but I'll never pile on him. He has always been dependable and has always done what the team asked of him. Due to the assclowns we've had at LT (Gaither and McKinnie), Oher was continually asked to switch back and forth from LT to RT. He did so and never complained.

I still, do this day, think he would be an excellent LG for us.

Do you think Oher was evened offered a contract? Remember he's good for at least 20yds in false starts. Against a decent pass rusher he moved back faster than forward. Maybe the FO just wants to start fresh at RT.