ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Willis McGahee

vmax

Great day...

W. McGahee 16 rushes for 167 yards at 10.4 YPC and 3 TD's.

What do you make of this guy!?!

He's a point a minute for playing time...a TD machine...the Ravens are loaded at RB.

Loaded.

Willis saved the day.

Period.

Well...Willis and great blocking by the O line...

Great blocking from Grubbs...

51419563.jpg

Edited by vmax

Guest BallTMore

That bitch-slap was a thing of beauty. You can't stop him one-on-one. His stiff-arm is nasty.

Willis saved the day! Thank you Willis!

Edited by BallTMore

Must re-sign him, thats a running back tandem that cant be touched.

I don't think Willis is going anywhere. The cap hit for releasing him would be too big, and he has been too good to just release him. He has been an excellent team player this season, and I think he has finally gotten the message that hard work pays off in this league. Those were some wheels on that long TD run! The 2008 Willis would have been caught on that play, the 2009-2010 Willis is a homerun threat!

I saw an instant change in the Oline when the 4th Q hit. As soon as the 4th started we were blowing them off the line of scrimmage and getting to the second level.. One play, a delayed handoff to mcgahee on the left side was a thing of beauty. These guys turned it on when the game was on the line and didnt make Flacco make the play. Willis carried us yesterday.

I was under the belief that Willis' contract was up after this year. He was making big bucks so I was happy that we would have that space to use this offseason, but I wouldn't mind bringing him back next year. Honestly though, I would rather sign a great FB and go back to using McClain at HB and the goal-line more...

I was under the belief that Willis' contract was up after this year. He was making big bucks so I was happy that we would have that space to use this offseason, but I wouldn't mind bringing him back next year. Honestly though, I would rather sign a great FB and go back to using McClain at HB and the goal-line more...

I think his contract ends in 2013. This season it was like impossible to cut him, we would get a 8 mil. caphit.

Next year, unlike this, we could cut him, still take a huge caphit. However with some great playoff games, I am beginning to think he migth get us a third round pick back.

Crav,

Indeed. Flacco just needs quality toys at the WR position - a true deep threat and a big, possession guy. We do that then watch Bazooka Joe take off !

I was just thinking about this, if releasing McGahee frees up room for us to get a true #1 receiver, then it might be a move that has to be made. Of course, if it is an uncapped year it all comes down to how much Bisciotti wants to spend.

How do the rules work for teams cutting players during an uncapped year. Does the cap hit get held back until the league becomes capped again or does the cap hit essentially disappear because there is no cap?

If the answer is the former then surely the Ravens will release Willis before he hits the big cap numbers and they don't feel the cap hit.

How do the rules work for teams cutting players during an uncapped year. Does the cap hit get held back until the league becomes capped again or does the cap hit essentially disappear because there is no cap?

If the answer is the former then surely the Ravens will release Willis before he hits the big cap numbers and they don't feel the cap hit.

This is a pretty informative article on how a uncapped year affects the Ravens:

http://www.profootball24x7.com/column_view.php?cid=46

This is a pretty informative article on how a uncapped year affects the Ravens:

http://www.profootball24x7.com/column_view.php?cid=46

Great piece of work by McCusack, and I believe his conclusion is correct, from a Ravens point of view, it could be more one of the more interesting FAs with a lot of possibilities. However obviously most of all would it be the rigth move for NFL, for the health of NFL and its fans:

From this vantage point, with the dearth of Cap space the Ravens are likely to have in 2010, it would appear that the Ravens would be better off if the owners and NFLPA can reach an agreement and keep the Salary Cap in place. A Capped year would provide them with more options in the Free Agent market, while an Uncapped year will limit the players who would be available to be brought in to improve the roster.