ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Oher to TEN

Robjr83

Well I'm only glad that he's leaving but I'm happy that he's gone.....lol

He was slightly above average when he was on, and slightly below when he wasn't....

I don't think he will be hard to replace with someone much cheaper, and hopefully that will be reluctant to give away 30 yards a game in FS and Holding penalties......

Nice guy.....Average player....IMO

Well I'm only glad that he's leaving but I'm happy that he's gone.....lol

He was slightly above average when he was on, and slightly below when he wasn't....

I don't think he will be hard to replace with someone much cheaper, and hopefully that will be reluctant to give away 30 yards a game in FS and Holding penalties......

Nice guy.....Average player....IMO

Shame there was so much hype about this guy, good for him i guess.

Yeah, the hype was all from the movie. In the end he ws not much different than Gaither; size, talent but no heart.

I disagree. No heart?

If you think he's substandard that's fine but I think the guy has heart. We won with him and he did what we asked of him. Joe got enough of those rockets off to get us to the playoffs, 3 AFCC, and a SB. That's because Oher did do SOME blocking. He wasn't perfect. He wasn't consistent. I agree to that but to act as if he got beat 90 % of the time is not right. Let the dude move on. He's a SB winner and that's to be commended. Now we look to find a more consistent RT.

• Upvote 1

If you think he's substandard that's fine but I think the guy has heart. We won with him and he did what we asked of him. Joe got enough of those rockets off to get us to the playoffs, 3 AFCC, and a SB. That's because Oher did do SOME blocking. He wasn't perfect. He wasn't consistent. I agree to that but to act as if he got beat 90 % of the time is not right. Let the dude move on. He's a SB winner and that's to be commended. Now we look to find a more consistent RT.

Whoa BG, I didn't totally trash the guy....I said earlier that he started out good, and was a nice guy that came from nothing to be a multimillionaire.....That is giving respect where due, but I know you could see the decline in his play the last 3 yrs, and as far as the SB, if you recall we barely made it into the playoffs and just caught lightening in a bottle....That SB run was extraordinary and the whole team stepped up, but players like Joe, Jacoby, Boldin, Pitta and Birk were far more responsible for that than Oher was.....I'm not judging him any different than Gino.....If they aren't playing up to par and contract worth, than it is what it is, my friend......No disrespect , just facts.....

• Upvote 1

Whoa BG, I didn't totally trash the guy....I said earlier that he started out good, and was a nice guy that came from nothing to be a multimillionaire.....That is giving respect where due, but I know you could see the decline in his play the last 3 yrs, and as far as the SB, if you recall we barely made it into the playoffs and just caught lightening in a bottle....That SB run was extraordinary and the whole team stepped up, but players like Joe, Jacoby, Boldin, Pitta and Birk were far more responsible for that than Oher was.....I'm not judging him any different than Gino.....If they aren't playing up to par and contract worth, than it is what it is, my friend......No disrespect , just facts.....[

School, it's just that it seems to be really popular to act as if this guy was just garbage and was the reason our offense sputtered. Fans have been piling on and now he's out the door. Cool, as a fanbase we weren't satisfied with him. So he's gone. That should be enough. And I keep remarking that we did win with the guy. No matter that we weren't satisfied with his penalties. He did play both tackle positions even tho he was clearly an RT and needed to be left there to develop. So all I' saying is that we should congratulate and move on instead of saying how bad he was and I wasn't saying just you School. Other posters and some people I know. I have family in Bmore who can't stand him. I just hope we get better at the position since we cut him loose. And I thank him for his part in the playoff run.

Whoa BG, I didn't totally trash the guy....I said earlier that he started out good, and was a nice guy that came from nothing to be a multimillionaire.....That is giving respect where due, but I know you could see the decline in his play the last 3 yrs, and as far as the SB, if you recall we barely made it into the playoffs and just caught lightening in a bottle....That SB run was extraordinary and the whole team stepped up, but players like Joe, Jacoby, Boldin, Pitta and Birk were far more responsible for that than Oher was.....I'm not judging him any different than Gino.....If they aren't playing up to par and contract worth, than it is what it is, my friend......No disrespect , just facts.....[

School, it's just that it seems to be really popular to act as if this guy was just garbage and was the reason our offense sputtered. Fans have been piling on and now he's out the door. Cool, as a fanbase we weren't satisfied with him. So he's gone. That should be enough. And I keep remarking that we did win with the guy. No matter that we weren't satisfied with his penalties. He did play both tackle positions even tho he was clearly an RT and needed to be left there to develop. So all I' saying is that we should congratulate and move on instead of saying how bad he was and I wasn't saying just you School. Other posters and some people I know. I have family in Bmore who can't stand him. I just hope we get better at the position since we cut him loose. And I thank him for his part in the playoff run.

I see what you mean BG......I appreciate what good he did, as I do Ray Rice, I just think both are about done though....It's just my opinion !!!!

I really hope you're wrong about Ray Rice. The contract alone makes me hope you're wrong but I have to be honest and say that I was saying the same thing as I watched last yr. I hope it was the hip but he didn't look right in game 1.

Ray had a couple things going against him last year. He looked like he gained weight. He had the hip injury. The line constantly buckled, some plays barely getting the handoff. Last was Calds seemed to forget screen plays.

See how easy it is? I hope the next guy helps us to a SB in his first 5 yrs off his rookie contract. I hope he's better too but mostly I hope we get a SB in the next 5yrs

Personally I always thought Oher got screwed on some of the false start calls. Some were certainly legit, but he had a super-quick first step that was maybe anticipating too quick or maybe was dead on... but sometimes he got caught, in my mind, for being first off the line - but he wasn't early. That said, it doesn't really matter and either way did not really affect his overall performance. I just hate when people whine about the false starts because I saw it as an official problem.Maybe I'm the minority.

Personally I always thought Oher got screwed on some of the false start calls. Some were certainly legit, but he had a super-quick first step that was maybe anticipating too quick or maybe was dead on... but sometimes he got caught, in my mind, for being first off the line - but he wasn't early. That said, it doesn't really matter and either way did not really affect his overall performance. I just hate when people whine about the false starts because I saw it as an official problem.Maybe I'm the minority.

Other was a disappointment but I agree a lot of his false starts initially were because he got off the line so quickly.