ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Ravens Agree To Deal With Safety Darian Stewart

ravinmaniac52

A Spags guy, decent in both run support and coverage; lots of potential, has yet to reach it apparently. If he can reach his potential he will start, other wise he will be a back up at yes, strong safety. He had one really good year with the Rams, under Spags I believe. But injuries, hammy (sucks) and a big head maybe, cost him the past few.....

Unless they're planning on moving him to FS, I don't get this move.

I don't think anyone else does either.....

The Baltimore Ravens finally added a free-agent safety.

Is it Chris Clemons? Thomas DeCoud? How about Champ Bailey?

Well, no. The Ravens agreed on a one-year deal with Darian Stewart. If you're wondering who this is, you're not alone.

I don't know this guy but he would not be the first no name guy that Ozzie has brought in and some of those no names pan out. Jim Leonard anyone?

• Upvote 1

I don't know this guy but he would not be the first no name guy that Ozzie has brought in and some of those no names pan out. Jim Leonard anyone?

Very True, I ain't complaining, just puzzled....But I think Ozzie has his eye on someone in the draft..... I saw some kid at the combine that the analysts were comparing to Ed......I'm not a college fan so I can't remember his name or anything, just what they were saying about him....

Trust and believe, is all we can do though...Then if we don't get one, yell at the wife, punish the kids and kick the dog every game day... :laugh:

Oh I am too school. I don't know all the guys in the draft but I heard analysts talking about a small schools guy at safety but I can't find the name.

Unless they're planning on moving him to FS, I don't get this move.

He plays both SS and FS according to this article....

A team source has informed RSR that newly acquired safety Darian Stewart is a possible starter if the Ravens don’t get a good free safety in the draft. The team believes that Stewart is a better fit than James Ihedigbo. The former St. Louis Ram isn’t as physical as Dig but more rangy. The team hopes that he eventually is their No. 3 safety given his ability to play both free and strong safety.

He plays both SS and FS according to this article....

A team source has informed RSR that newly acquired safety Darian Stewart is a possible starter if the Ravens don’t get a good free safety in the draft. The team believes that Stewart is a better fit than James Ihedigbo. The former St. Louis Ram isn’t as physical as Dig but more rangy. The team hopes that he eventually is their No. 3 safety given his ability to play both free and strong safety.

That would make sense.